Service Virtualization

• 1.  Devtest Response Not populated in IBM Native Send Receive Step

Posted Feb 26, 2019 06:44 AM
      |   view attached

Hi ,  Im trying to implement IBM MQ  native  virtualization.

These are the steps i have followed.

1. Created local queues , queue managers using IBM websphere MQ

2. Configured the same in my vsi/vsm

3. Deployed the vsm

4. Created the IBM native send and receive step and trying to execute it.

5. The requests are picked up and populated in the request section

6. But the responses are not getting populated in the response section

Getting an "No IBM MQ Messages was received". But the connections are seems to be up and running.

7. Posting my configuration step for reference.

Im completely new to this tool. Kindly help me to solve this issue. Is there something i'm missing in configuration . 

Also , Attaching the logs found in vse 

I have attached the detailed error log from the VSE.

Thanks in advance,

Rohini Rangaswamy

Attachment(s)

zip
    IBMNativeError.txt.zip   2 KB 1 version

• 2.  Re: Devtest Response Not populated in IBM Native Send Receive Step

Posted Feb 27, 2019 08:02 AM

Hi Rohini,

Can you please check and confirm whether for the QM and Req and Resp queues you are getting success message when you clicked on the green colored arrow at top right corner?

By seeing the error it seems to me that QM is not configured properly.

Regards,

Manik

• 3.  Re: Devtest Response Not populated in IBM Native Send Receive Step

Posted Feb 27, 2019 08:37 AM

Is the virtual service (VSM/VSI) running in a VSE also on your localhost?
    If the VSE is running on a different server and it is using the reference to "localhost", it might be the cause of your issue. 

• 4.  Re: Devtest Response Not populated in IBM Native Send Receive Step

Posted Feb 27, 2019 08:48 AM

Yes . I was able to get 100% (SUCCESS) completion while executing the IBM MQ native and recieve step. 

I was getting the same error when tried to configure the same local setup using JMS send and receive Step too.

While executing the results execution log shows 100% success, But the messages are not put into the Response Queue i have configured.

In Both of the JMS and IBM Native Send /Receive Steps. I was only able to put messages into the Request Queues.

I was not able to retrieve/get messages from the Response Queues.

Attaching screen shots for JMS send/receive steps

Configuration done to access local queues. 

Before Executing: Both Response and Request tabs are empty in run console.

After Execution. Request Console 

Response Console: Shows 100% completion.

As you can see that the connections has been established with the local host and able to put the message via Request Queue. But it was not able to put back the message in the Response Queues.

My VSE env is going offline within few seconds .  VSE - Return

Thanks in advance.

Let me know if you need any additional info on this.

• 5.  Re: Devtest Response Not populated in IBM Native Send Receive Step

Posted Feb 27, 2019 12:13 PM

Can you share a picture of the VSM's Listen Step configuration?

If you open the IBM Native VSM in Workstation, start ITR and single step mode, does the VSM's LISTEN step make a connection to the MQ Table and start listening for requests?

If no, something in the VS configuration still needs to be worked out.

If yes, stop ITR mode and deploy the VS to VSE, but use the option to have the VSM deployed in an Offline state.

After deploying, go into Portal and start the VS manually.

Refresh the portal a couple of times. 

Does the VS die immediately?  It appears from your error that this is happening.

If the VS does not start and continue to run, verify that the connection assets used by the VS running in VSE are pointing to the hostname where MQ is running?  Verify that firewalls allow access to the host and port where MQ is running.  

• 6.  Re: Devtest Response Not populated in IBM Native Send Receive Step

Posted Feb 28, 2019 12:32 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Joel,

Find my Comments Inline.

Can you share a picture of the VSM's Listen Step configuration? PFB the same

LISTEN Step:

RESPOND Step:

As you can see that while running ITR for the Respond step, Connection is not established finally it reaches the timeout.

If you open the IBM Native VSM in Workstation, start ITR and single step mode, does the VSM's LISTEN step make a connection to the MQ Table and start listening for requests?

Yes , As you can see while running ITR for the listen step, it executed 100% and the request has been populated.

If yes, stop ITR mode and deploy the VS to VSE, but use the option to have the VSM deployed in an Offline state.

After deploying, go into Portal and start the VS manually.

Refresh the portal a couple of times. 

Does the VS die immediately?  It appears from your error that this is happening

Yes. It dies immediately even after couple of refresh .

If the VS does not start and continue to run, verify that the connection assets used by the VS running in VSE are pointing to the hostname where MQ is running?  Verify that firewalls allow access to the host and port where MQ is running.

Connections assets are pointed to connecting my localhost. With regard to the firewalls I will check and get back. Because our network's admins help is required for that

I have attached the log files got today morning from VSE.

Error description goes like this. 

Message: Error opening queue manager DF_QM, Completion Code 2 (MQCC_FAILED), Reason Code 2538
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Trapped Exception: Error opening queue manager DF_QM, Completion Code 2 (MQCC_FAILED), Reason Code 2538

Connection to host 'localhost(1414)' rejected. 

Thanks in advance,

RVR

Attachment(s)

zip
    IBMNativeError.txt.zip   2 KB 1 version

• 7.  Re: Devtest Response Not populated in IBM Native Send Receive Step

Posted Mar 01, 2019 11:19 AM

IBM Knowledge Center has some basic descriptions of the error related to the IBM MQ class that is throwing the exception.

Since your log file says Connection to host 'localhost(1414)' this tells me that IBM MQ, DevTest Workstation, and DevTest VSE are all running on the same host machine (e.g., localhost).  This would theoretically rule out firewalls since everything is working over the loopback adapter.

All I can think of at this point is, what is the maximum connection limit on the Channel Manager DF_QM?   

I would think DF_QM would need to allow 5 or more connections. 

As an aside, you might also consider changing the Scope of the connection in the assets in DevTest from the default Step to Model choice.  Step may cause a higher than usual number of connections, but probably does not solve for the issue stated in this question.  Use PRO mode on the assets to change the scope.

• 8.  Re: Devtest Response Not populated in IBM Native Send Receive Step

Posted Mar 01, 2019 12:06 PM

Hi Joel,

My Queue Manager is allowing channels more than 5. I have modified the scope of the assets to 'Model' from 'Step' . Even now im facing the same issues.

I was not able to receive response from VSE and the same error logs are formed. 

Anything i have to check for?

Regards,

RVR

• 9.  Re: Devtest Response Not populated in IBM Native Send Receive Step

Posted Mar 01, 2019 12:31 PM

Best to open a ticket with Support. They will need to meet with you so you can screen share.

I don't believe this forum is going to be of significant help.

• 10.  Re: Devtest Response Not populated in IBM Native Send Receive Step

Posted Mar 01, 2019 12:40 PM

Thank you for your time.  I will open a ticket for the same

Regards,

Rvr

On Fri 1 Mar, 2019, 11:01 PM jnesmith, <