CA Service Management

• 1.  ddictbuild failed

Posted Feb 26, 2019 12:45 PM

We have added 4 custom fields to CR objects, pdm_publish executed normally, but now when we try to start system we are getting error:

Process stopped unexpected exit code from: D:/CA/SDM/bin/ddictbuild D:/CA/SDM/site/ddict.sch Expected: 0 Received: 255

If we remove those entries system error is gone and system starts to work. It seems that we can even remove any 4 entries from ddict.sch and system starts to work.

Please advice!

• 2.  Re: ddictbuild failed

Posted Feb 26, 2019 01:26 PM

Would you mind to provide the ddict.sch file?
    Or at least post the four entries?
    Regards
    .....Michael

• 3.  Re: ddictbuild failed

Posted Feb 26, 2019 01:35 PM

We have removed information about those fields as well as fields itself from database and files. Now we are trying to add them one by one.

• 4.  Re: ddictbuild failed

Posted Feb 26, 2019 01:38 PM

We successfully added 3 fields from 7, but after we added fourth field got the same error. Is there any limit for how many fields we can add to the object. From the other side in testing system everything works well.

• 5.  Re: ddictbuild failed

Posted Feb 26, 2019 02:04 PM

It seems that we can not add any new attributes on any object at all.

• 6.  Re: ddictbuild failed
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 26, 2019 03:07 PM

DEP settings prevented ddictbuild.exe from completing operation when ddict.sch file reached some size limit.

Changing DEP settings to handle only essential windows programs and services resolved situation.

• 7.  Re: ddictbuild failed

Posted Feb 26, 2019 03:55 PM

I always run any of the pdm_ commands (pdm_wsp, pdm_publish, pdm_configure, etc.) from a command prompt I have opened as Administrator.

• 8.  Re: ddictbuild failed

Posted Feb 26, 2019 04:05 PM

Some expirience from the Linux side:
    When starting sdm, ddict.sch gets loaded into a shared memory segment by ddictbuild. This segment is of a specific size , lets say n blocks.
    When stopping sdm , this segment is not deleted, but stays allocated in memory.
    Now, when enhancing ddict.sch, making it bigger, and starting sdm again, ddictbuild tries to load the information into the same already existing shared memory segment . ddictbuild seems not to be able to resize the existing segment.
    So, as long the new schema fits into the existing n blocks, everything is fine.
    If the schema grows to much,  ddictbuild fails.
    The only way I now to get out of this situation is to reboot the box, or even much simpler delete the segment by
    pdm_ipcclean -a

Regards
    ....Michael

• 9.  Re: ddictbuild failed

Posted Apr 24, 2019 12:12 AM

I could resolve this issue with a Windows Server VM restart.

Regards,

Fabio.

• 10.  Re: ddictbuild failed

Posted Feb 27, 2019 03:49 AM

Thanks Michael, to be honest now I am not sure if DEP settings or rebooting the system to make those DEP settings active resolved this situation.