Endevor

• 1.  A general question on approach from Endevor sites about its software libs

Posted Feb 27, 2019 02:59 PM

A general question on approach, what do Endevor shops use, a single linklib - like ENDEVOR.LINKLIB (889 members) or keep the three separate libs - ENDEVOR.V18.CSIQAUTU; ENDEVOR.V18.CSIQAUTH; ENDEVOR.V18.CSIQLOAD. Who in total would make up the 889 member count.

• 2.  Re: A general question on approach from Endevor sites about its software libs

Posted Feb 28, 2019 09:48 AM

We keep all 3 libraries separate. 

• 3.  Re: A general question on approach from Endevor sites about its software libs
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 28, 2019 02:29 PM

The three libraries have different functions. hlq.iprfx.CSIQAUTU are the user modified authorized members (tables and exits). hlq.iprfx.CSIQAUTH are the Endevor (vendor supplied) authorized load members. The hlq.iprfx.CSIQLOAD are the non-authorized load members (allocated under ddname CONLIB). This allows sites to not place all (800+)  load members in linklist if the don't want to. 

regards,

Craig

• 4.  Re: A general question on approach from Endevor sites about its software libs

Posted Mar 27, 2019 11:14 PM

I always keep the 3 libraries.

IBM (or your sysprogs) manage the contents of CSIQLOAD and CSIQAUTH when they install updates/upgrades.

(these need to be APF Authorised).

In the shops I have set up or worked at, I always get access to CSIQAUTU.

This gives us Endevor Admins access to Assemble the Customised Tables whenever we want.

(yes, I get access to LLA Refresh too).

Then we have User Exits that live in a 'site' dataset (stored in Endevor) that we concatenate into the CONLIB DD.

This site dataset is NOT APF Authorised.

If you put all 3 product datasets into one, then you could not concatenate a non-APF Authorised dataset with it.

System Rule:

Any Non Authorised Dataset in a concatenation makes ALL Datasets in that concatenation Non-Authorised.

Keep it Simple - Keep them separate.... IMO