CA Service Management

• 1.  Jasper & SD Group Privileges are Horribly Broken

Posted Feb 28, 2019 11:38 AM

When writing reports for specific groups in service desk it seems that Jasper doesn't apply any rhyme or reason to its permissions when reading those reports back in vs the user that is logged in to see those requests. 

I have a group with 74 active requests sitting in the que. 

My filter in service desk does as expected I look for the specific group where the ticket is active and viola i have tickets...

I run a very simple query in Jasper Where group = "blaah" and type = 'R' and active = 1....

I return not 74... 1. Just 1 ticket!

GAAAAHHHH! 

Help would be appreciated.

• 2.  Re: Jasper & SD Group Privileges are Horribly Broken

Posted Mar 04, 2019 05:18 PM

So I've found that its not so much the group privileges that are broken but rather the  join function of the Parent ticket field. When you attempt to include this field somehow in behind the curtains it does an inner join. That is it ONLY returns records that have a parent ticket, any tickets that don't have a parent are eliminated from the return. Whats worse is there is no way to manually work around this by adding in a left join or left outer join in the Jasper's select statement. I get the feeling that I'm not so much working with a purchased product but rather the company I work for has purchased that right to beta test this software for CA/Broadcom.