Service Virtualization

• 1.  MQ Virtual Service not working with JDBC step in vsm

Posted Feb 28, 2019 07:57 AM

What I am trying to do: MQ Virtual service which also updates JDBC table with values captured from incoming request only for "Most Efficient Mode". Lisa Version 10.1

Issue: When I am running my Virtual Service with "Most Efficient mode"

• without JDBC step in VSM, it works perfectly fine.
    • with JDBC step in VSM, LISA VSE shows no incoming hit for that service.

Help required: Below is the screenshot with JDBC step. Please help me with resolution where the service give correct response from vsi and also updates JDBC table.

Rick.Brown abrsh01 Kevin.Bowman Josh_Hendrick deoma03

• 2.  Re: MQ Virtual Service not working with JDBC step in vsm

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 28, 2019 01:40 PM

Pranay, what database are you trying to connect?  do you have the driver on the VSE server? 

Please send us the error message you are seeing in  the vse.logs

• 3.  Re: MQ Virtual Service not working with JDBC step in vsm

Posted Mar 01, 2019 05:21 AM

Hi Pranay,

As Shiney indicated, some issue with JDBC step, control is not moving from JDBC step to next step.

Please check your JDBC step as a independent test case with hard coded data and if that works properly apply the same in VSM.

Also , I would suggest to put your JDBC Step before "Respond" step in VSM (if no dependency of JDBC step on response you send to the request).

Thanks,

Dinesh Kumar

• 4.  Re: MQ Virtual Service not working with JDBC step in vsm

Posted Mar 04, 2019 10:24 AM

As the others stated, check the JDBC connection and drivers. If it is a driver issue, the VSE.log and/or VS_<theServiceName>.log might have some helpful clues such as a class not found exception, connection refused exception, duplicate key, etc.

When you say the service works "without the JDBC step" in the model, is the JSR-223 step also removed?

If "yes", meaning the JSR step is also removed, double check that the JSR step is not throwing an exception during processing. An exception in the JSR step translates to an environment error which can cause the service to abort.