Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  How to include multiple lines from activation report in notification email using variable

Posted Mar 01, 2019 10:17 AM

I am trying to update our failure notification email to include the entirety of the documentation tab from the failed job within the email, but as of right now, I can only get the last line printed. 

Here's the process tab setup

Here's the notification tab setup

Here's what the activation report includes

Here's what comes out in the email

Is there any way to get all of those activation report lines included in the email? 

Thanks in advance!

• 2.  Re: How to include multiple lines from activation report in notification email using variable
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 04, 2019 03:40 PM

I think, that's because you have only &LINE# in the Notification and the last value stored in &LINE# is the Line 3.

you may have to use :PUT_ATT_APPEND function so it will append all the lines to the notification

:PUT_ATT_APPEND CALL_TEXT = "&LINE#"

• 3.  Re: How to include multiple lines from activation report in notification email using variable

Posted Mar 05, 2019 12:38 PM

Thank you Shravani Vedantham! That worked! 

Note for other users, in this case the PUT_ATT_APPEND has to be put in the PROCESS &HND# section of the script. I tried putting it outside of that area and it printed just the last line again. 

Updated process

Updated notification

What it looks like in the email

Thanks again! Now I'll play around with it a bit more to see if I can include the line breaks from the Docu tab in the email message just to clean it up a bit.  

• 4.  Re: How to include multiple lines from activation report in notification email using variable

Posted Mar 05, 2019 12:41 PM

Sorry I should have mentioned this. for new line add this after :PUT_ATT_APPEND CALL_TEXT = "&LINE#"

:PUT_ATT_APPEND CALL_TEXT = UC_CRLF()