Service Virtualization

Expand all | Collapse all

I am a beginner, so help me to incorporate a java code in dev test with steps. Thanks

• 1.  I am a beginner, so help me to incorporate a java code in dev test with steps. Thanks

Posted Mar 04, 2019 03:48 PM

I wrote a simple java program to read and write data from Excel, Please help me to incorporate it into Dev Test .

Thanks,

Ramya

• 2.  Re:  I am a beginner, so help me to incorporate a java code in dev test with steps. Thanks

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 04, 2019 10:52 PM

Hi Ramya

Welcome to Devtest user community. Sure, we are all here to help each other. It would be of great help to understand your intent/goal here. Please could you elaborate. I will probably give some directions based on your response.

Cheers

Sankar

• 3.  Re:  I am a beginner, so help me to incorporate a java code in dev test with steps. Thanks

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 11, 2019 12:46 AM

Hi Ramya,

If you would like to include complete java code into test step, you can use "Execute script" step or "JavaScript step" in test case. Make sure you have copied external jar files to <Devtest_home>/hotdeploy folder.

If your requirement is to read and write data from Excel file, you can use Dataset to read data from excel and "Save property value to file" filter to save data to excel.

Thanks & Regards

Srikanth Gajawada