CA Service Management

• 1.  Mailbox rule to update a ticket using # filter string

Posted Mar 04, 2019 02:57 PM

Hello,

I'm trying to create a mailbox rule to update a ticket if the body has the incident id in it. My incident has the format ABC12312, and I've tried putting the # placeholder before and after it and using the filter string #{{object_id}}#, but whatever filter string I try none seems to work.

The rule for incident creation has the #@{ref_num} in the success html and priority 201, and the update incident has priority 200 and the filter string as #{{object_id}}.

Filter strings tried:

#{{object_id}}

{{object_id}}

#{{object_id}}#

\#{{object_id}}\#

chamado\ \#{{object_id}}#

None of them seems to work in the body response, but in the subject response they work, but I cant create a incident using the object_id in the subject, right? Am I missing something?

Cheers

• 2.  Re: Mailbox rule to update a ticket using # filter string

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 04, 2019 03:49 PM

I don't think you can do this thru email body...this feature is not available.

you would have to use %REQUEST_ID=12345 thing in email body to update tickets

• 3.  Re: Mailbox rule to update a ticket using # filter string

Posted Mar 05, 2019 08:12 AM

Chi_Chen Why is it that you can chosse email body when you create a rule then ?

victor_ide Is your email HTML? If yes, you need 17.1 to compute it.

• 4.  Re: Mailbox rule to update a ticket using # filter string

Posted Mar 06, 2019 11:35 AM

Yeah, HTML email. I'm using 17.0, updating this will work? Any way of doing it in this version?

• 5.  Re: Mailbox rule to update a ticket using # filter string

Posted Mar 06, 2019 11:45 AM

So when opening a ticket in the HTML response I would put %REQUEST_ID=@{ref_num} and then in the update mailbox rule I filter for {{object_id}} searching in the body?

• 6.  Re: Mailbox rule to update a ticket using # filter string

Posted Mar 21, 2019 09:54 AM

**** it I forgot you. My bad.

You can use what you want, the trick here is just to use something that is distinctive and that has no chance to be written by someone elsewhere in the email

Define a Mailbox - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Filter String Object Identifier Restrictions

Filter strings determine the object identifier (for example, %Incident:{{object_id}}%) in an email. Text that surrounds an object identifier ({{object_id}}) must be unambiguous in both content and length. The text must clearly define the beginning and end of the ticket ID artifact value between the text.

The following restrictions apply to how the Mail Eater interprets the start of the ticket ID artifact value:

1. The {{object_id}} placeholder must not be the first element in the filter string. At least, one character is required. Generally, a distinctive keyword or a sequence of letters, numbers, and symbols must precede the object ID keyword.
    2. The character immediately preceding the {{object_id}} placeholder must not be a repeatable or optional character having a plus sign (+), an asterisk (*), or a question mark (?). Whitespace characters (space, tab, carriage return, line feed) must not be part of a ticket ID artifact value.
    3. The character immediately preceding the {{object_id}} placeholder must not be a repeatable or optional bracketed-set of characters.

The following restrictions apply to how the Mail Eater interprets the length of the ticket ID artifact value:

• The {{object_id}} placeholder must not be the last element in the Filter String. One or more characters must follow the {{object_id}} placeholder.
    • The character immediately following the {{object_id}} placeholder must not be a repeatable or optional character with a plus sign (+), an asterisk (*), or a question mark (?). Whitespace characters (space, tab, carriage return, line feed) must not be part of a ticket ID artifact value.
    • The first character after the {{object_id}} placeholder must not be a character.
    • Avoid the following characters immediately before and after the {{object_id}} placeholder:
      • All upper or lower-case letters
      • Numerals
      • The plus sign
      • The slash
      • The comma (,)
      • The period (.), as it can represent any character in this list except for a line break.
      Any of these characters can exist within the ticket ID artifact value. If a bracketed set (several characters between brackets) precedes or follows the {{object_id}} placeholder, the bracketed set must not contain any of these listed characters.