DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  OpenText Monitoring

Posted Mar 05, 2019 12:56 PM

We have 1 Optentext delivered Java application called output center which has 2 component a. Scheduler b. Monitor. Is it possible to turn monitoring on those two components which does not use tomcat or any other JVM. Shall I  use IntroscopeAgent.default.profile file. 

Advance thanks for your suggestion. 

• 2.  Re: OpenText Monitoring

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 07, 2019 09:22 AM

Does anyone have suggestions for Junaid?

• 3.  Re: OpenText Monitoring

Posted Mar 26, 2019 02:34 PM

I'm surprised nobody commented on this.  Yes, you can add the default agent to the startup for those processes.

I'll also add my usual recommendation, after you've got the agent loaded, run the log through autoprobe.net to see which extensions may provide some insight.  There are a couple of OpenText extensions, but the site will indicate if they're suitable to your application.

• 4.  Re: OpenText Monitoring

Posted Mar 27, 2019 11:46 AM
      |   view attached

I add java arguments in startup script but even if reading the agent.jar file and profile file but still logs are not created and metrics are not showing in investigator. 

Need help

I put following argument in script but doesn't work.

I open a case and receive following suggestion.

To set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -verbose -javaagent:/opt/CA/APM/wily/Agent.jar -Dcom.wily.introscope.agentProfile=/opt/CA/APM/wily/core/config/IntroscopeAgent.monitor.profile

save the changes.

Start the App from CMD , redirect output to a txt file and send us the text file

Attachment(s)

zip
    start_monitor_ksh.txt.zip   3 KB 1 version

• 5.  Re: OpenText Monitoring

Posted Mar 27, 2019 12:14 PM

Hello,
    are you sure the profile property is right, your screenshot shows something like
    -Dcom.wily.introscope.agentProfile=/opt/CA/APM/wily/core/config/Introscope.monitor.profile:.././common/infoprintspooler.jar:..
    A blank is missed after profile, I think.

With regards,

Lutz

p.s
    Check your start script, see
    # adjust classpath as needed for oracle
    export CLASSPATH=${JAVA_OPTS}:${OCJAVADIRPATH}/infoprintspooler.jar:${OCJAVADIRPATH}/snmp.jar:${OCJAVADIRPATH}/ippclient.jar:${ORAJDBC}:${DDBASEJDBC}:${ORADDJDBC}:

You add the JAVA_OPTS to the CLASSPATH.

I use the Agent Default packaged for unknown/unsupported Java applications, this works well as long as the Oracle Java is used. For IBM Java environments I use the Agent AllAppserver package to get the AgentNoRedefNoRetrans.jar and the right profile.

• 6.  Re: OpenText Monitoring

Posted Mar 27, 2019 12:21 PM

Startup script is also attached in my previous comment. Can you please check 

• 7.  Re: OpenText Monitoring

Posted Mar 27, 2019 01:05 PM
      |   view attached

Hello,

the following line should be modified.

# adjust classpath as needed for oracle
    export CLASSPATH=${JAVA_OPTS}:${OCJAVADIRPATH}/infoprintspooler.jar:${OCJAVADIRPATH}/snmp.jar:${OCJAVADIRPATH}/ippclient.jar:${ORAJDBC}:${DDBASEJDBC}:${ORADDJDBC}:
    #end [04/16/12 mpo02: DataDirect Drivers]

Remove the "${JAVA_OPTS}:" to set the CLASSPATH.

And from my point of view you should add the APM Agent properties to the following line.

#08/18/11 mpo02 allow additional JAVA options fix
    #empty by default. If it will be eddited add leading space i.e. JVM_OPTIONS=" -Dfoo=bar"
    JVM_OPTIONS=" -Doracle.jdbc.autoCommitSpecCompliant=false"
    #08/18/11 end

To get something like this.

export JVM_OPTIONS="-javaagent:/opt/CA/APM/wily/Agent.jar -Dcom.wily.introscope.agentProfile=/opt/CA/APM/wily/core/config/IntroscopeAgent.monitor.profile -Doracle.jdbc.autoCommitSpecCompliant=false"

With regards,

Lutz

Attachment(s)

• 8.  Re: OpenText Monitoring

Posted Mar 28, 2019 04:07 PM

LutzM

as per your suggestion we made changes but got 

"can't start the monitor process. Please contact system administrator !!!!"

Any Suggestion.