Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Autofill authorization and token endpoint API explorer

Posted Mar 06, 2019 05:15 AM

Hi,

Is it possible to autofill authorization and token endpoint API explorer? i tried to add it in the swagger for the API but the explorer seems to ignore it.

securityDefinitions:
    OAuth2:
    type: oauth2
    flow: accessCode
    authorizationUrl: https://<dns-for-the-op>/oauth/v2/authorize
    tokenUrl: https://<dns-for-the-op>/oauth/v2/token
    scopes:
    read: Grants read access
    write: Grants write access

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: Autofill authorization and token endpoint API explorer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 12, 2019 02:15 PM

Good afternoon,

I've removed my previous post as this is possible and one of the support team will be updating this post shortly with how it can be done.

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Broadcom Support

• 3.  Re: Autofill authorization and token endpoint API explorer
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 12, 2019 02:19 PM

John,

The grant type, authorization endpoint, and token endpoint are going to be defined in the API properties, not within the swagger file. Note that this only works with Portal published APIs, and not Gateway published APIs.

If you go to publish a new API or edit an existing API from the API Portal, you will want to go to the "API Explorer" section, select "OAuth 2" for the Authentication type, then you will be able to specify the Grant Type, Authorization endpoint and Token endpoint. This will be reflected in API Explorer once you save it.

Screenshot:

API Explorer settings

As for the Scopes (read/write), those are going to be defined within the Application, and not within the API.

Regards,

Azad

• 4.  Re: Autofill authorization and token endpoint API explorer

Posted Mar 13, 2019 03:20 AM

Hi ellaz01

Ok, I understand. I Think it would be a great feature if gateway published API have the information about grant_type, auhtoirzation endpoint and token endpoint like portal published API. From our view, we will always publish the API in the Gateway and sync them up to the portal.

Is there any plans to implement the same feature for gateway published API? 

Best regards,

Björn

• 5.  Re: Autofill authorization and token endpoint API explorer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 13, 2019 06:35 AM

I'm not aware of any immediate plans to implement this.

I see you have already submitted an idea for it:

Being able to add authorization and token endpoint in Gateway published API's