Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

What are the conditions for adapting the Modern or Classic interface?

• 1.  What are the conditions for adapting the Modern or Classic interface?

Posted Mar 07, 2019 08:11 AM

Hello followers, 

I have a question regarding the Classic PPM / Modern interface UX. All my questions are based on experiences feedbacks

1) Do you have a support explaining what are the strengths / weakness between the classic Interface with the New UX interface ?

2) In which conditions the customer should use the classic interface or new UX interface ?

3) What kind of customers used to work on the new interface compared to the classic interface ? (IT organizations, Business entities)

4) What are the prerequisites to switch from the classic interface to the new UX interface ?

5) What are the businesses prerequisites to deploy the new UX interface ? (Business organization, change management…)

Thanks for share 

Arnaud

• 2.  Re: What are the conditions for adapting the Modern or Classic interface?

Posted Mar 27, 2019 08:25 AM

Hi Arnaud

That's quite a list of questions!

The answers to most of your questions can only come from yourself or your organisation.

I would suggest you update one of your test environments to use the New UI and then explore it for yourself.

In my experience, existing customers can be reluctant to switch to the New UI because it involves additional user training and many of the customisations they have applied to their Clarity systems are in Classic and do not exist in the New UI. You can use Channels in the New UI to give users a window into the Classic functionality and innovations in 15.6 will help make those channels look seamless in the New UI, especially with the new Phoenix UI that came in with 15.5.1.

For new customers, the choice is more straight forward - if you want a clean/simple interface that allows users to collaborate easily you will go for the New UI and work with the system 'as-is' and use Blueprints to tweak the interface here and there to suit different types of project - if you want to do lots of customisations you will probably go for Classic because Studio lets you change multiple things in the system.

Again, in my experience, customers often think they need to customise Clarity so that it works the way their organisation works - but what they really need to do is analyse whether the way they currently work is the 'best' way of working. I could quote several customers who have highly customised Clarity systems but are now stripping everything back because times have changed and they now find their system is too complicated and the cost of maintaining those customisations through upgrades is too high.

The online documentation will show you how to turn on the New UI but you don't have to roll this out to all users because access to the New UI functionality is governed by its own set of user rights. You could consider piloting the New UI with a small team of users who could help you decide whether it suits your organisation's way of working.

The New UI is being actively developed and new features are being added all the time. 15.6 has some really cool stuff and the roadmap of new functionality looks exciting.

Hope this helps in some way.

Regards,

Steve