Clarity

• 1.  how to find Projects task which is being used from a Project template task

Posted Mar 08, 2019 02:33 PM

Hello,

Can someone please provide some guidance on how to find if the task is being used from a particular template in a project. I have searched communities i was to figure out how getting the information of the project being copied from template however not about the task.

if someone could provide me pointers that would be great.

Thanks

• 2.  Re: how to find Projects task which is being used from a Project template task

Posted Mar 12, 2019 08:05 AM

“Copy Task from Template” history

http://www./message/241978916-copy-task-from-template-history   

NJ

• 3.  Re: how to find Projects task which is being used from a Project template task

Posted Mar 15, 2019 08:07 AM

Hi Shanti, 

I believe you have already checked this article where we said how you will be able to find the template that has been used for a project: 

CA PPM Tuesday Tip: Which template was a project created or copied from? 

However, here I guess your requirement is a bit different, and you want to know if a task is used in a Project Template, that is existing in your system, or not. If my understanding is correct, then this is something you can try: 

You can check in the PRTASK table as that will give you the parent project (as PRPROJECTID), and then you can use the same in INV_PROJECTS table and check if the IS_TEMPLATE column is 1 or 0. 

So basically, you have to join the PRTASK and INV_PROJECTS tables to get what you want. 

Hope this helps. Let me know if there is anything I missed. Will try to answer that as well. 

Thanks,

Abhisek Dhar