ESP Workload Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

Please help me understand this dependency and why it isn't working as the user expects

• 1.  Please help me understand this dependency and why it isn't working as the user expects

Posted Mar 11, 2019 01:38 PM

Received this email from a user:

Today our application batch process ESP didn’t come to queue even though it shows ESP got triggered as per the schedule time.

This same issue last month on the same day (11th Feb).

Could you please check this on priority and see why jobs are not showing in monitor even though it says triggered?

ESP details

Center – 1 (T12)

ESP - DX950GRP.JDEDBDLF

Note- We tried to trigger the ESP manually but in that case as well it’s not coming in monitor even though it says triggered.

Looking at the CSF screen I did confirm that there was nothing there for today (March 11). It was scheduled to run at 03.00, and looking in the events screen it looked as though it had been triggered today.

Did some digging, and then received this email from the user:

Found out the issue. It was due to the below external dependency code. We were using JOB instead of AIX_JOB.

IF TODAY('3RD MONDAY OF FISCAL_MONTH') THEN DO                       

AIX_JOB ESEDB003.AIX EXTERNAL APPLID(JDEDBQDM) SCHEDULED('TODAY') 

RUN NOW                                                           

RELEASE ESEDB000                                                  

ENDDO                                                                 

But the similar code of external dependency (see below) is working in the same ESP. Any idea why it’s not working in above case?

IF TODAY('1ST MONDAY OF FISCAL_MONTH') THEN DO                   

JOB ESEDB830.AIX EXTERNAL APPLID(JDEDBNRG) SCHEDULED('TODAY') 

RUN NOW                                                       

RELEASE ESEDB000                                               

ENDDO                                                        

Why would using JOB instead of using AIX_JOB cause this not to run as expected on the 3rd Monday of the Fiscal Month, when the 1st Monday of the Fiscal Month run fine coded as JOB?

Thank you,

Frank

• 2.  Re: Please help me understand this dependency and why it isn't working as the user expects

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 11, 2019 01:53 PM

Hi Frank,

Firstly for high priority question or problem, please open a support ticket. As this forum is not monitored very closely.

Secondly, using JOB for external of the AIX_JOB should work fine. I would check if special day FISCAL_MONTH is defined properly.

Thank you,

Lucy