DX NetOps

• 1.  CA PC traps do not carry the device host name or IP address

Posted Mar 12, 2019 02:25 AM

Hi All,

We have created some threshold violation profiles and forwarded the same via Email and Traps. But when i am comparing the same event which is get via Email and Trap i'm not getting the Device name or IP address via the Trap. Is there any workaround where i can get the Device name or IP address of threshold violated device on the Trap?

Email Notification

Trap Notification

Thanks

Kasun

• 2.  Re: CA PC traps do not carry the device host name or IP address

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 13, 2019 04:23 PM

The trap includes the item name. It doesn't and wouldn't include the parent device name as that is not what the event is against.

Might also want to try the EventManager trap format instead of the nhLiveAlarm type as it may provide more useful information.

The Notification email sent is configured to provide the parent device name in the subject. Check Administration->Configuration Settings->Notifications to find and edit the one sending that email to see how it's set up.

• 3.  Re: CA PC traps do not carry the device host name or IP address

Posted Mar 14, 2019 12:28 AM

Hi Michael,

I have configure EventManager trap instead of nhLiveAlarm type. As per you there is no way that we can get a interface utilization trap with the parent device information right?

Any way email is fine since it has many information.

Kindly provide your idea on trap with device name. 

many thanks

Kasun

• 4.  Re: CA PC traps do not carry the device host name or IP address
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 20, 2019 04:47 AM

if you have CA spectrum in your environment then integrate them there is no need to generate a trap the events automatically appears as alarms with details on spectrum.

yes but in emails notification through CAPC you are able to add much required details in email body by insert button option.