AnsweredAssumed Answered

12.2.2+hf1 License Overview gone, Product Activation Wizard !?

Question asked by Carsten_Schmitz on Mar 14, 2019
Latest reply on Mar 21, 2019 by kermitdiekralle

Hi.

This is a twofold question: Have any community members experienced this, and also: can someone from Automic possibly clear this up for me? Because otherwise we'd be forced to make a support ticket from this.

We just updated 12.2.1+hf2 to 12.2.2+hf1 on "test", and the plan to update production soon stands, but my license overview now looks like this:

Unless this means I do not need licenses anymore (doubtful), how are we to check our current usage and compliance? Just a hunch, is this possibly a remnant from a licensing-free development build?

Furthermore, this greeted us:

Followed by this:

Do we need to do this? What happens if we don't - does this disable or lock down any features? Were we informed about this and missed the memo; I can't at least find it in the change notes for engine or AWI. I don't know if I plan to use a Portfolio License Agreement because I don't know what that is. The documentation link leads to a huge scrolling list at CA, which redirects to the usual Automic documentation, where I could not on the fly find anything regarding this new process.

Please kindly share your experience or clarify.

Thanks!

Outcomes