CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

CA Service Desk Manager upgrade from 14.1 to 17.1.1 is stuck at Task - Integrating the products 93%.  How do I proceed from there?

• 1.  CA Service Desk Manager upgrade from 14.1 to 17.1.1 is stuck at Task - Integrating the products 93%.  How do I proceed from there?

Posted Mar 14, 2019 08:36 AM

All tasks previous to that have completed successfully.  This is my Dev Environment and i am doing an in place upgrade.

Thanks,

Yogan

• 2.  Re: CA Service Desk Manager upgrade from 14.1 to 17.1.1 is stuck at Task - Integrating the products 93%.  How do I proceed from there?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 14, 2019 08:39 AM

Hi Yogan,

I have noted below resolution on similar cases

1. Copied the ISO media from network to local server
    2. Extracted the contents on the local server
    3. Ran the setup using Administrator rights
    4. Monitored until we got to the stage of 93%.
    5. Identified the Java process that was idle and doing nothing during the PAM data load
    6. All ports are listening and open for this process which is connected to Database
    7. Killed the connection from DB side to see if this will release the thread - Not Good
    8. Killed the specific java process from task manger
    9. The setup process kick started again and started moving ahead
    10. Installation completed with 100%.

I hope this helps solve your issue?

• 3.  Re: CA Service Desk Manager upgrade from 14.1 to 17.1.1 is stuck at Task - Integrating the products 93%.  How do I proceed from there?

Posted Mar 14, 2019 08:56 AM

Hi Yogan,

I have noted below resolution on similar cases

1. Copied the ISO media from network to local server - Yes
    2. Extracted the contents on the local server  - Yes
    3. Ran the setup using Administrator rights - Yes
    4. Monitored until we got to the stage of 93%. - Yes
    5. Identified the Java process that was idle and doing nothing during the PAM data load - No idle processes 
    6. All ports are listening and open for this process which is connected to Database  - Yes, also deactivated the Anti-Virus
    7. Killed the connection from DB side to see if this will release the thread - Not Good - I tried killing the processes from the DB side no effect.
    8. Killed the specific java process from task manger - That killed the installation but how do i proceed from the as there are updates that need to occur after that Task
    9. The setup process kick started again and started moving ahead - No
    10. Installation completed with 100%.- No

I hope this helps solve your issue? See answer to number 8

• 4.  Re: CA Service Desk Manager upgrade from 14.1 to 17.1.1 is stuck at Task - Integrating the products 93%.  How do I proceed from there?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 14, 2019 08:41 AM

Also you may want to compare this below tech doc specific to mentioned error in the log file.

https://comm.support.ca.com/kb/installation-stuck-on-components-at-93-percent/KB000106352

• 5.  Re: CA Service Desk Manager upgrade from 14.1 to 17.1.1 is stuck at Task - Integrating the products 93%.  How do I proceed from there?

Posted Mar 14, 2019 08:58 AM

• 6.  Re: CA Service Desk Manager upgrade from 14.1 to 17.1.1 is stuck at Task - Integrating the products 93%.  How do I proceed from there?

Posted Mar 14, 2019 09:22 AM

Ok i have managed to go to the article.  Let me try resolving it using the answer and get back to you

• 7.  Re: CA Service Desk Manager upgrade from 14.1 to 17.1.1 is stuck at Task - Integrating the products 93%.  How do I proceed from there?

Posted Mar 14, 2019 11:51 AM

Hi, Maheshwar

Thank you for your assistance so far.  I think i found the problem.  It is the pam url:  http:/Pamhost:8080/itpam/soap

When i am trying to access the url i get :-

JBoss Web/2.1.3.GA - Error report

HTTP Status 405 -

type Status report

description The specified HTTP method is not allowed for the requested resource ().

but i can access http://Pamhost:8080/itpam

It wont allow me to change it on the installation screen.  Please advise.  How can i rectify this?

Thanks

• 8.  Re: CA Service Desk Manager upgrade from 14.1 to 17.1.1 is stuck at Task - Integrating the products 93%.  How do I proceed from there?

Posted Mar 14, 2019 10:35 PM

Try these:

* Different message (404 not 405), but check out this line of the resolution:

"If you want process automation to run on HTTP , you can rerun the installer and uncheck the Use Secure Communications option."

Unable to log on to ITPAM with http + port 8080 - CA Knowledge 

* Was CA PAM configured to use SSL? If so, then your address should be https rather than http.

Try updating this via a config file. (Don't know if this works, but Web Services is present in both SDM and PAM).

"Change the ssl.conf"

Getting HTTP 405 Error on POST request with X509 c - CA Knowledge 

* It seems to be tied up with the authentication/security. Is EEM involved?

In any case, is there any more info. in the logs? If you can't resolve at this point, maybe log a CA Support ticket.

Thanks, Kyle_R.

• 9.  Re: CA Service Desk Manager upgrade from 14.1 to 17.1.1 is stuck at Task - Integrating the products 93%.  How do I proceed from there?
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 04, 2019 03:42 AM

Hi, guys 

This was the solution all along

1) take a backup of al_cdb_files table
    2) From 2 entries of CASM_POLICY files there, one with file size lower should be removed.
    3) delete the one with size 1616 (estimated file size)
    4) retry the install and this time auto integration should be through successfully. 

It is because encryption compatibility of the policy file with Java8 shipped with 17.1.

Note: Make sure NX.env has JRE pointing to 1.8.0_112.

• 10.  Re: CA Service Desk Manager upgrade from 14.1 to 17.1.1 is stuck at Task - Integrating the products 93%.  How do I proceed from there?

Posted Apr 04, 2019 08:08 PM

Thank you for providing the resolution. 

Kyle_R.