CA Client Automation

Internal Error. [SDM302255] Distribution status error: Job nr.: 1 and … could not be executed

• 1.  Internal Error. [SDM302255] Distribution status error: Job nr.: 1 and … could not be executed

Posted Mar 14, 2019 11:03 AM

Hello,

I am trying to re-distribute a software policy from our Enterprise manager onto the Domain Managers.

On the Domain Managers there already is a Softwarepolicy by the same name.
    Our software engineers who are responsible for creating packages have added two packages to two Software Policies so that the policy contains now six instead of four packages.

I went through the procedure of creating a new container, copying the software policies into it. Copying the container, navigating to ITCM control panel, Domains, All Domains, Rightclicking on the domains to which I want to re-distribute the SW policies and finally clicking on "Software distribution container for immediate delivery".

In the upcoming dialog window I certainly set the check mark for
    "Replace current Enterprise Software Policy".

Afterwards, on the enterprise manager there is for each Domain manager the following message in Eventviewer:

Execution of container "…" in Domain "…" failed.

Why does it always fail? I am certain, if I manually connect to the DMs and delete the SW policies that I want to replace I could just distribute the SW Policies.
    But as there exists a check mark that obviously has been designed to replace software policies, I should be able to do so. That's what an Enterprise Manager is for: to save me from having to do everything manually on each DM.

Could somebody please help?

Quite often we have to replace software policies instead of creating new ones.

Sincerely

Andreas