DX NetOps

• 1.  Is there any MIB tool for speed up CA PM custom certifications?

Posted Mar 15, 2019 06:28 AM

Hello,

We have the need to develop some certifications (both vendor certifications and metric families).

Is there any visual MIB tool that can help speed up the development?

Thank you.

Regards

Bruno Sousa

• 2.  Re: Is there any MIB tool for speed up CA PM custom certifications?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 15, 2019 02:21 PM

Hi Bruno,

The information and methods that we have for Self-Certification are all contained within the documented steps and methods:

Self-Certification - CA Performance Management - 3.6 - CA Technologies Documentation 

That being said, what sort of tool are you looking for?  Something to assist with the XML formatting or something specific to the MIB side of things?

Also, instead of self-certification, did you know that you can open a support case and get the Performance Management certification team to design a certification for inclusion within the product itself?  These certifications are also generally released to the On-Demand Certification Portal as well:

Requirements for Performance Management Certificat - CA Knowledge 

CA Performance Management On-Demand Certifications - CA Technologies 

Regards,

Troy

• 3.  Re: Is there any MIB tool for speed up CA PM custom certifications?

Posted Mar 20, 2019 10:35 AM

Hello Troy

Thank you for  the reply and the links.

I was looking something more to the MIB side of things (that helped join multiple SNMP tables in one vendor certification for example)

• 4.  Re: Is there any MIB tool for speed up CA PM custom certifications?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 20, 2019 11:59 AM

Bruno,

I am not exactly sure what you mean.  Something to visually look at a device's mibs or navigate a mib tree?  There is nothing like that within Performance Management but Spectrum does have some MIB Tools that allow you to see what is there and available more visually.

The MIB Tools Utility - CA Spectrum - 10.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Troy

• 5.  Re: Is there any MIB tool for speed up CA PM custom certifications?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 26, 2019 06:35 AM

Hi Bruno:

If you are looking for a freeware mib browser, I have used ireasoning in the past.  It works pretty well:

Network Management / Network Monitoring / SNMP Monitoring / MIB Browser 

If you are attempting to do a complex certification, my advice would be to note the following knowledge article  and log a certification request: https://comm.support.ca.com/kb/requirements-for-performance-management-certification-request/KB000035801

Joe