DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  How to use parameters to implement drilldown dashboards.

Posted Mar 18, 2019 08:35 AM

We want to use a Overview-dashboard for the operators to show the state of our infrastructure in the various sites, which is incorporated in the naming scheme of our equipment. We want to use the same dashboard for each site but using a parameter which we set on the overview dashboard to influence the searches in the underlying dashboards.

Overview-Dashboard:

With status-views of underlying dashboards (multiple dashboards on a map). For each underlying dashboard a parameter should be used to influence the alarm-searches.

Underlying-Dashboards:

All use the same dashboad, but are influenced from the overview-dashboard.

How can this be achieved (we have tried it with links and parameters but this was not successfull, a context selector is not the thing we can use for this, since we need multiple equal dashboards with different parameter-values).

We are using UIM 9.02.

• 2.  RE: How to use parameters to implement drilldown dashboards.

Posted Aug 05, 2020 10:50 AM
    I have the same question. "How to use parameters to implement drill down dashboards?" I tried to use: Link Type: Dashboard ... and Set the Parameters, but it didn't worked for me. What I'm missing?

Link Type: Dashboard ... Parameters

• 3.  RE: How to use parameters to implement drilldown dashboards.

Posted Feb 06, 2023 06:40 AM
    Edited by Luc Christiaens Feb 28, 2023 05:13 AM

I have the same question.
    It seems to work for passing 1 parameter by defining on the first dashboard: (here based on an sql table)

Where the first column becomes $1

In the first & second dashboard: (in Local parameter)

In the second dashboard I use ${source} in the sql query and text variable.
    BUT: when I try to pass a second parameter it seems not to work.
    Did somebody did find the trick to pass multiple parameters from 1 dashboard to a "link" dashboard?

• 4.  RE: How to use parameters to implement drilldown dashboards.

Posted Feb 23, 2023 02:54 AM

I retried in cu6 such drill down dashboard, based on a sql list widget and with 3 parameters, this worked directly and the linked dashboard received the 3 parameters correctly.