CA Service Management

• 1.  Scoreboard Query Help

Posted Mar 18, 2019 08:50 AM

I am really struggling with a Scoreboard query which should be simple and do the following:

Desired Result

Show all active tickets where the assignee is null, group = IT Store Calls and the status is not equal to Resolved or Follow Up

Tried the following queries - neither work

• active=1 and (status.sym!=\'Resolved\' OR status.sym!=\'Follow Up\')) and group.last_name=\'IT Store Calls\'and (assignee IS NULL)
    • active=1 and group.last_name=\'IT Store Calls\' and (assignee IS NULL) and status!=\'RE\' or status!=\'FU\'

thanks

TheKatherine

• 2.  Re: Scoreboard Query Help

Posted Mar 18, 2019 09:06 AM

active=1 and group.last_name=\'IT Store Calls\' and assignee IS NULL and (status.sym!=\'Resolved\' OR status.sym!=\'Follow Up\')

• 3.  Re: Scoreboard Query Help

Posted Mar 18, 2019 10:11 AM

Pier,

This one did not work, it still showed call tickets with those 2 statuses. 

• 4.  Re: Scoreboard Query Help

Posted Mar 18, 2019 10:17 AM

Right, i did not read your question I only corrected your first attemp

active=1 and group.last_name=\'IT Store Calls\' and assignee IS NULL and status.sym!=\'Resolved\' and status.sym!=\'Follow Up\'

But you should take Michael's one, shorter and easier to read!

• 5.  Re: Scoreboard Query Help
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 18, 2019 09:14 AM

Hi.

I think  the following might work:

active=1 and group.last_name=\'IT Store Calls\' and assignee IS NULL and not status in ( \'RE\' , \'FU\' )

Regards

.......Michael

• 6.  Re: Scoreboard Query Help

Posted Mar 18, 2019 10:14 AM

Michael,

This query worked great for me ... I did not think about using the (not status in) function within my query - mostly use the (!=) function since I mostly deal with only eliminating based upon 1 piece of criteria.

thank you

TheKatherine

• 7.  Re: Scoreboard Query Help

Posted Mar 18, 2019 10:31 AM

Great, that it helped.

Yes, the system has some restrictions when it comes to OR conditions especially together with dotted notation(status.sym), the "not ... in" is sometimes helpful in these scenarios.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards

...........Michael