DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  which agent reports to which domain using a script/command

Posted Mar 18, 2019 12:55 PM

I would like to know if there is any script or command that can pull information to show which agent reports to which domain and running a script from MOM would be able to get the expected results. 

I'm looking to pull currently reporting agents to which domain....... and also pull agents that have been reported to the domains in the last 3 months

thanks,

Vic

• 2.  Re: which agent reports to which domain using a script/command
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 18, 2019 01:02 PM

Viq

try following 

/opt/CA/APM/10.x.x.x/lib> ../jre/bin/java -Xmx128M -Duser=Admin -Dhost=localhost -Dport=5001 -jar CLWorkstation.jar get historical data from agents matching ".*" and metrics matching "Agent Stats:Build and Release" for past 1 minute with frequency of 15 seconds > NonProd_Agent_List.csv

you can change this to run this for 3 months.

past 1 minute with frequency of 15 seconds

• 3.  Re: which agent reports to which domain using a script/command

Posted Mar 18, 2019 02:40 PM

Thank you!

The above worked and i was able to get the metric for the past 1 minute and 15 seconds period.

But for 3 months - would that:

/opt/CA/APM/10.x.x.x/lib> ../jre/bin/java -Xmx128M -Duser=Admin -Dhost=localhost -Dport=5001 -jar CLWorkstation.jar get historical data from agents matching ".*" and metrics matching "Agent Stats:Build and Release" for past 3 months with frequency of 15 seconds > NonProd_Agent_List.csv

This isn't working: 

Invalid command: get historical data from agents matching .* and metrics matching Agent Stats:Build and Release for past 3 months with frequency of 15 seconds

• 4.  Re: which agent reports to which domain using a script/command

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 19, 2019 04:33 AM

Hi,

The "Agent Stats:Build and Release" metric is a string metric and so is not persisted to smartstore. It is only available for currently active agents hence you can only get the value for the current time so using "past 1 minute and 15 seconds period" is the only way to do this.

thanks

Mike