Layer7 API Management

• 1.  ssglog.properties

Posted Mar 19, 2019 08:53 AM

Hi All,

I am trying to find the usage of this ssglog.properties and is logging format of ssg.log can be controlled using this properties file?

My intention here is to customize the log entry going to ssg_0_0.log file.  So that we can in line with our enterprise logging format.  Any help on this would be appreciated.

Example ssglog.properties file would be much appreciated.

Regards

Chaitanya

• 2.  Re: ssglog.properties

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 20, 2019 09:30 AM

Hi Chaitanya,

you can adjust the content of the ssglog to a certain amount using cluster wide properties:

Audit Cluster Properties - CA API Gateway - 9.4 - CA Technologies Documentation 

and for more details: Gateway Auditing Threshold and Format - CA API Gateway - 9.4 - CA Technologies Documentation 

For information what can be changed via the ssglog.properties file please see

View Logs for the Gateway - CA API Gateway - 9.4 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Hope this helps

• 3.  Re: ssglog.properties

Posted Mar 20, 2019 10:53 AM

Hi Conny,

Thank you for the link I have looked at them and couldn't figure out the structure I need to provide in the properties files.  Any samples would be appreicated.

My intention is to log request id in the ssg log so that in a multi threaded environment we can track the request easily by grepping with that id.  Otherwise it is very hard to understand or parse the ssg logs.  Is it something doable.  If I make sure I log request id against each and every line that goes to ssg log then I know that all those lines belongs to one request.

Regards

Chaitanya