AnsweredAssumed Answered

Close All Child Tickets

Question asked by DArceyTaylor on Mar 19, 2019
Latest reply on Mar 20, 2019 by jmayer

Hi,

So we recently started working with classic workflows and things have been turning out great. But we are having an issue where once a ticket has been attached to a parent, and the child ticket has a work flow attached to it. The 'Close All Children' Action from the parent fails due to there being open tasks in the child ticket or tickets.

We are looking to:

1)Add/Edit functionaility that would be similar to the 'Close All Children' function, to change the status of a workflow task status to a completed one. Now we also run into a delema where, technically the child ticket wasn't resolved, but that will have to be a discussion among our clients and the analsyts.

What I found here looked promising Change status for all child ticket , but I was hoping to get the full solution. The link to the servicedeskusers.com site doesn't work for me.

OR

2) Using macros check to see if the ticket has a parent, and if yes, then cancel all workflow tasks if there are any. This way the Close All Children option will work.

OR

3) If there is some way that when a solution is logged for a parent request/incident, that same log solution can carry over to the child records. Then I would need something similar to the cancelled status on a CR ticket, to take what ever status we use in the log solution to set the work flow tasks to a complete status.

I know this is asking for a lot, but it is just a complicated solution that our team needs to address.

Outcomes