Rally Software

• 1.  Trying to create a user story under a given team feature by using Rally API

Posted Mar 21, 2019 04:06 AM

Hi,

I am trying to create a user story under a given team feature using the rally API.

Could you please help me on this by sending a sample request and URL.at least to run in postman

At this moment I have a team feature like TFXXXXX and under this, I want to create a user story.

Regards,

Ananta

• 2.  Re: Trying to create a user story under a given team feature by using Rally API
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 21, 2019 02:38 PM

Hi Ananta,  My Put command from Postman looks like this:

{"HierarchicalRequirement":{
    "Name":"My Story",
    "PortfolioItem":"/portfolioitem/feature/294904625648"}
    }

I also specified the workspace and project as query parameters to make sure that it goes where I want it.

-Edwin

• 3.  Re: Trying to create a user story under a given team feature by using Rally API

Posted Mar 22, 2019 12:12 PM

Just to add to this, please take a look at the Web Services API (WSAPI) doc at https://rally1.rallydev.com/slm/doc/webservice/

A user story is called a hierarchicalrequirement in our data model. So you'll want to select that item from the list at the left to see the different endpoints and fields on that work item. 

You'll also want to use the create endpoint for this work item, which is specified in the WSAPI doc as:

Then you would specify the Portfolio Item that you want to have parent the story, in the body as araed02 specified above. The field to update for a Portfolio Item on hierarchicalrequirement is PortfolioItem.  You will need the Object ID (OID) of the PI to set as the value.