Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Mass Update Resource Financial Settings?

• 1.  Mass Update Resource Financial Settings?

Posted Mar 21, 2019 09:48 AM

I am trying to do a mass update of financial information for resources. I have completed the default for one of the resource. However, when I do a XOG read of this resource, no financial information is included.

I have also tried to do a XOG write using a modified version of rsm_resources_write in c:\XOG\xml but I get the following error:

tag name "FinancialInformation" is not allowed. Possible tag names are: <PersonalInformation&gt".

Please see attached XOG output files.

I would be grateful for any assistance.

Am I missing something? Is there perhaps an easier way to set financial defaults for all resources?

Attachment(s)

zip
    sbv_out.xml.zip   936 B 1 version
    zip
    sbv_result.xml.zip   498 B 1 version

• 2.  Re: Mass Update Resource Financial Settings?

Posted Mar 21, 2019 05:53 PM

What financial information are you trying to update? 

• 3.  Re: Mass Update Resource Financial Settings?

Posted Mar 22, 2019 02:41 AM

Thanks for responding. I am trying to update the fields on the Financial sub-page for the resource. Please see attached screen shot.

• 4.  Re: Mass Update Resource Financial Settings?

Posted Mar 21, 2019 10:12 PM

You should be able to update/default Resource financial information through a GEL script. Script has to do a XOG read of all the active resources and then insert the financial information in the resource XOG xml and XOG in the updated resource XOG XML back to Clarity through the script.

• 5.  Re: Mass Update Resource Financial Settings?

Posted Mar 22, 2019 02:43 AM

Thanks for responding. Unfortunately I do not know GEL script. Using XOG to read/write is about as technical as I get

• 6.  Re: Mass Update Resource Financial Settings?

Posted Mar 21, 2019 11:29 PM

A suggestion, set up a Resource in a non-PROD environment to have the required financial data, and XOG that out, which can then provide visibility on what you need to include in your XOG to update other resources (again, try first in a non-PROD environment).

• 7.  Re: Mass Update Resource Financial Settings?

Posted Mar 22, 2019 02:44 AM

Thanks for responding. When I run a XOG read of the resources, the financial info is not included.

• 8.  RE: Mass Update Resource Financial Settings?

Posted Mar 29, 2020 12:14 PM
    Edited by Juan A. Segovia Mar 29, 2020 12:15 PM
    Hi, I'm facing the same issue and technical limitation regarding GEL SCRIPTING.

Have you been able to resolve this? If so, can you please share?

Regrds,

------------------------------
    JUAN A. SEGOVIA
    [BUENOS AIRES]

• 9.  RE: Mass Update Resource Financial Settings?

Posted Mar 30, 2020 08:14 AM
    Personal Information is a required Tag for the Resource XOG.  Below is an example with the minimum required to set a resource's financial information via XOG.  Resource Class is validated as being valid for the provided Resource Type.

<NikuDataBus xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/nikuxog_resource.xsd">
    <Header action="write" externalSource="NIKU" objectType="resource" version="15.7.1.270"/>
    <Resources>
    <Resource externalId=" " isActive="true" employmentType="Employee"
    resourceType="LABOR" resourceId="andres.anon" >
    <PersonalInformation firstName="Andres" lastName="Anon"
    emailAddress="andres.anon@regoconsulting.com" />
    <CustomInformation>
    <ColumnValue name="partition_code">NIKU.ROOT</ColumnValue>
    </CustomInformation>
    <FinancialInformation>
    <SupplementalInformation active="1" department="Development"
    location="FL" resourceClass="RECL2" transactionClass="Internal"/>
    </FinancialInformation>
    </Resource>
    </Resources>
    </NikuDataBus>

• 10.  RE: Mass Update Resource Financial Settings?

Posted Mar 30, 2020 10:28 AM
    Edited by Juan A. Segovia Mar 30, 2020 10:28 AM
    Andres, thank you so much for your response.

I used an xml like yours to extract the information from a resource and then modify that to create a new resrouce and chek if the financial values work ok and it did.

This is the information I used:

<NikuDataBus xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/nikuxog_resource.xsd">
    <Header action="write" externalSource="NIKU" objectType="resource" version="15.7.0.212"/>
    <Resources>
    <Resource employmentType="EMPLOYEE" entityCode="Telecom" externalId=" " includeInDatamart="true" isActive="true" isExternal="false"
    resourceId="jxog" resourceType="LABOR" username="jxog">
    <PersonalInformation emailAddress="juan.xog@gmail.com" firstName="JUAN" lastName="XOG"/>
    <ManagementInformation availability="8" openForTimeEntry="true" trackMode="PPM"/>
    <CustomInformation>
    <ColumnValue name="partition_code">NIKU.ROOT</ColumnValue>
    </CustomInformation>
    <FinancialInformation>
    <SupplementalInformation active="1" department="Telecom" location="Argentina" resourceClass="LABOR" transactionClass="EXTLABOR"/>
    </FinancialInformation>
    </Resource>
    </Resources>
    </NikuDataBus>

My question is how can I now use that to update all the resources at once? The settings I need to use in all my resources are.

department="Telecom" location="Argentina" resourceClass="LABOR" transactionClass="EXTLABOR"

entityCode="Telecom" includeInDatamart="true"

openForTimeEntry="true" trackMode="PPM"

Thanks,

Juan

JUAN A. SEGOVIA
    [BUENOS AIRES]

• 11.  RE: Mass Update Resource Financial Settings?
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 03, 2020 06:04 PM
    You'll kill the XOG engine if you try to do them all at once.  You've said you don't know GEL.  Do you know how to call web services (any language)? If you do, you can create a list of resources and go through them one-by-one, calling XOG to update the information. Be careful when xogging resource info though - XOG will change some attributes to a default value, if you don't pass the desired value. The best approach, whether using GEL or any other web service api, is to XOG out the resource, create/update the desired fields, then XOG the resource back in.