Clarity

• 1.  CA PPM 15.5 New Report with Power BI Error

Posted Mar 21, 2019 02:05 PM

Hello Community of CA PPM,

I need your help because we try to create a new HTML report and when we put the url of Power BI the report not appear en CA PPM.

The HTML code is: 

<div align="center" style="width:100%;">
    <iframe width="1300" height="950" src="https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiMzExOTdmMWMtMDUwNC00NTQ1LWE2Y2YtMDE2ZTc3M2ZjNDYyIiwidCI6Ijg3Njc2Njg5LTU2ZmYtNGRkMi04N2Y3LTY3Y2RhYzllM2UwNCIsImMiOjF9" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>
    </div>

The URL of Power BI is:

Microsoft Power BI 

The error that appear is:

If anyone can help me I would be very grateful.

Best regards.

Patricio.

• 2.  Re: CA PPM 15.5 New Report with Power BI Error

Posted Mar 21, 2019 11:55 PM

Doesn't that last message indicate an 'add-on has been locked'?

Note, IFRAME is very basic, for example, if you point to google.com in a iframe, Google prevents it from being displayed.  You may want to consider taking PPM out of the equation, and just create a local HTML file with your code in it, and see if you open up the HTML file using required browser to see if you get the same error message.

• 3.  Re: CA PPM 15.5 New Report with Power BI Error

Posted Mar 22, 2019 04:04 PM

Hello Ronald,

I did the following steps:

1) I Created a new html file with the same code that I puted in the html report (In CA PPM)

<div align="center" style="width:100%;">
    <iframe width="1300" height="950" src="https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiMzExOTdmMWMtMDUwNC00NTQ1LWE2Y2YtMDE2ZTc3M2ZjNDYyIiwidCI6Ijg3Njc2Njg5LTU2ZmYtNGRkMi04N2Y3LTY3Y2RhYzllM2UwNCIsImMiOjF9" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

2) I executed the html file and the IE could open the reports. See the screenshot:

• 4.  Re: CA PPM 15.5 New Report with Power BI Error
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 22, 2019 04:10 PM

Since you report is build in power BI and its in different domain, browser is blocking it. In IFrame you are embeding a third party application within clarity. At this moment clarity doesn't support cross domain. However as a test can you install a chrome addin  Ignore X-Frame headers - Chrome Web Store and ask browser to allow this. 

Hope this can work. 

• 5.  Re: CA PPM 15.5 New Report with Power BI Error

Posted Mar 25, 2019 10:57 AM

Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully it will be allowed in the future, or i don't see the point ijn embedding PowerBI in Clarity.

Do you know if it's possible to have "Filters" as there is in PowerBI application in an embedded PowerBI report?

THanks

• 6.  Re: CA PPM 15.5 New Report with Power BI Error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 25, 2019 11:52 AM

HI Anthony

With 15.6 we have enabled CORS support as BETA. The documentation is herr https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/15-6/en/reference/rest-api-beta-documentation-for-authorized-developers/rest-api-cross-orig…  

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 7.  Re: CA PPM 15.5 New Report with Power BI Error

Posted Mar 25, 2019 11:12 PM

Many years ago when PPM was using Business Objects and Interactive Portlets (aka embedded BO SWF dashboard), we initially rolled out access to these dashboards as portlets.  Following feedback from PPM staff, they preferred to access the dashboards in a new browser window so URL's were created on the Project views to undertake.  You may want to consider just providing the URL's in PPM as well, to access Power BI.