Automic Workload Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

Import a JOBS type Win over an JOBS type UNIX with the same name

• 1.  Import a JOBS type Win over an JOBS type UNIX with the same name

Posted Mar 21, 2019 10:40 AM

Hello,

I'm currently trying to import a XML of a Windows job in a client in which a Unix job with the same name exists already.

The reason for such implementation is that I need to maintain the same directory placement as before, not just to place the objects in the root or some other directory and they cannot be moved manually after the import as the count of jobs is more than a 1000. 

Here is the error that I'm receiving: 

3/21/2019 4:04:57 PM --- U04005755 Starting import of object 'JOBS.***'
    U04002800 Object already exists and the OS platforms are not the same. Object 'JOBS.***' will be skipped:

Automic Application Interface is used for the automated import and the version of Automic is  11.2.6 build.5782

Is there a way to avoid the restriction coming from the server or a workaround?

Also another thing that came to my mind is to gather the paths to the objects automatically with the Application Interface and then to import every job in the correct place after deleting the old Unix jobs, but I'm facing some issues with that also. It seems that there is no way to get a job directory from the server only by name.

Best Regards,

Kaloyan Yanev

• 2.  Re: Import a JOBS type Win over an JOBS type UNIX with the same name

Posted Mar 21, 2019 03:50 PM

Every object name within UC4 has to be unique.  There is no getting around that fact that I am aware of.