Rally Software

Expand all | Collapse all

Chrome not recognizing SSL/TLS cert for Rally site, but IE recognizes valid HTTPS. Is there something we need to do for Chrome to recognize the site's cert?

• 1.  Chrome not recognizing SSL/TLS cert for Rally site, but IE recognizes valid HTTPS. Is there something we need to do for Chrome to recognize the site's cert?

Posted Mar 21, 2019 01:48 PM

Attached screenshots.

Is the site connection still secure when using Chrome?

• 2.  Re: Chrome not recognizing SSL/TLS cert for Rally site, but IE recognizes valid HTTPS. Is there something we need to do for Chrome to recognize the site's cert?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 21, 2019 04:33 PM

Hi Nhan,

It looks like a chain of trust issue with the certificate you have.  We often see this kind of issue when a company is doing deep packet inspection.  This is accomplished by giving the client a self-signed certificate that the firewall knows how to decrypt the packets for.

I'm not entirely certain what the resolution would be in this case.  It appears that the certificate is in your trusted store on some level since IE seems to approve of it.  You might need to reach out to your IT department to ensure that this is indeed a certificate that can be trusted.  The reason I suggest reaching out to your IT department is because this scenario is also a classic "man in the middle" attack and you need to be certain that this is on the up-and-up.

For reference, our certificate normally looks like this:

• 3.  Re: Chrome not recognizing SSL/TLS cert for Rally site, but IE recognizes valid HTTPS. Is there something we need to do for Chrome to recognize the site's cert?

Posted Mar 21, 2019 05:06 PM

Thank you, David. I will look into the links and your suggestions. Oddly, the cert is now recognized in Chrome…I wonder if it had anything to do with me logging in with a username/password while testing something unrelated, rather than using Single Sign-On.

Thank you,

Nhan Hoang

DCSS TS Configuration Management Unit

Desk: 916.464.6833

Nhan.Hoang@dcss.ca.gov<mailto:Nhan.Hoang@dcss.ca.gov>