DX NetOps

• 1.  Query on CA Spectrum Alert Attribute

Posted Mar 22, 2019 03:34 AM

Source of the alarm is reflecting as CA Spectrum for the performance related alarms which was received from CA PC (Data Aggregator)."Source" alert attribute needs be corrected in CA Spectrum for alerts from external sources. CA PC and CA Spectrum integration is in place. CA PC is used for collecting performance/capacity related data.

Is there a possibility to change/modify the "Source" attribute in CA Spectrum for alerts from external sources?

• 2.  Re: Query on CA Spectrum Alert Attribute

Posted Mar 25, 2019 07:15 AM

Dear All,

Greetings of the day!

Any response on the above query is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Sachin MS

• 3.  Re: Query on CA Spectrum Alert Attribute

Posted Mar 25, 2019 07:47 AM

I do not believe this is possible.

But its possible I am not properly understanding the question.

Maybe some screenshots would help show what you are looking to do?

• 4.  Re: Query on CA Spectrum Alert Attribute

Posted Mar 25, 2019 08:52 AM

Thanks for your quick response Matt.

We are trying to identify the "source" attribute in CA Spectrum should have the actual value from where the alarm is getting originated. This alarm was generated in CA PC and forwarded to CA Spectrum so the "event source" in the "Alarm Details" tab is displaying as Data Aggregator but for the same alarm when we verify in Active Alarm browser "Source" is mentioned as SPECTRUM.

I would expect CA PC(Data Aggregator) in "Source" column rather than SPECTRUM.

Kindly suggest on this.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Sachin MS

• 5.  Re: Query on CA Spectrum Alert Attribute

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 25, 2019 09:36 AM

It does not appear in this case "Alarm Source" in alarm table is the same as the "Event Source" of the CAPC trap. 

"Alarm Source" in alarm table is to determine if the alarm is stale or current: https://docops.ca.com/ca-spectrum/10-3-0/en/programming/web-services-api-reference/how-to-use-the-ca-spectrum-web-servic… 

Alarm and Model Attributes - CA Spectrum - 10.3 - CA Technologies Documentation

0x11fc4Alarm SourceEnumeration (0=Current, 1=Residual)

Where as "3) Event Source: Data Aggregator" is a varbind for the CAPC trap event. 

Regards,

Jay V

• 6.  Re: Query on CA Spectrum Alert Attribute

Posted Mar 26, 2019 09:47 AM

Thanks for the prompt response Jay.

I understand the difference between Alarm Source" in Alarm table and "Event Source" of the CAPC trap.
    I see there is "Stale" Column in Alarm table which tells me Stale status in the form of "Yes" or "No".

I am just rephrasing my scenario as below:

1: Created a threshold profile in CA PC for CPU/Memory
    2: CA PC is configured as "Data Source" in CA Spectrum
    3: As soon as threshold is breached, an event will be generated in CA PC
    4: Event will be received in CA Spectrum and an alarm will be generated due to appropriate event configuration.
    5: "Alarm Source" will be reflected as SPECTRUM in this case since the alarm will be generated in CA Spectrum

Is there a possibility to make any changes to this "Alarm Source" for this particular event in CA PC?

I am just looking at the possibility to bifurcate the alarms on the basis of Source from where it has been sent to CA Spectrum

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Sachin MS

• 7.  Re: Query on CA Spectrum Alert Attribute

Posted Mar 28, 2019 01:36 AM

Dear All,

Any assistance on this is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Sachin MS