Symantec Access Management

• 1.  SiteMinder Post Preservation page briefly displaying

Posted Mar 22, 2019 06:58 PM

Hi Folks,

One of our web applications is introducing a new enhancement feature for the change/forgot password flow and we're rolling it out in the non-production environment.  Right now we're seeing the SiteMinder post preservation page briefly displayed on the browser for about 3 seconds.  This is not desirable by our business department so I am trying to see how we can prevent this page from appearing.  Below is the content of the page:

"This page is used to hold your data while you are being authorized for your request. You will be forwarded to continue the authorization process. If this does not happen automatically, please click the Continue button below."

Are there any ACO parameters that we can change so that this page would not be displayed without affecting the posted data?

SiteMinder Apache web agent r12.52 SP1 CR04

Linux RHEL 6

• 2.  Re: SiteMinder Post Preservation page briefly displaying

• 3.  Re: SiteMinder Post Preservation page briefly displaying

Posted Mar 23, 2019 06:52 AM

I had this unsightly problem too.

setting PreservePostData to No in ACO solved the issue for me.

• 4.  Re: SiteMinder Post Preservation page briefly displaying
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 24, 2019 06:47 PM

For postpreservation, the response page is like a 302 redirect, but 302 is/was limited to "GET" requests.  The workarund was to return a whole page, which then does a "POST"  to the new location (with postpresevation data in one field).   

If you have slower network, where it takes time to retrieve all the postdata (maybe your postdata is large,) , or to post again to the new location (maybe the backend is slowish), then the browser gets time to show this intermediate redirect page.  Often the transition is fast enough the intermediate page does not show.

Now, you can modify the contents of the page : 

Configure POST Preservation - CA Single Sign-On - 12.8 - CA Technologies Documentation 

You could either leave the display part as blank page (it will display presumably for 3sec) or you can add some other message more relevant to your setup. 

Cheers - Mark