DX NetOps

• 1.  About Data repository

Posted Mar 25, 2019 06:15 AM

Hi , 

We are running CA PM 3.6 running on RHEL 7.4. I am planning to use CA Autosys to start and stop all the components.  have few questions: 

1. Data Repository - In order to stop/start via autosys, do we need to pass through the password to stop the database?. if yes, is any other way without it since passing pwd is not recommended.

2. Data Aggregator - I observed that both the dadaemon & activemq should start seperately. activemq is not starting when dadaemon started . is this expected?.

Please let me know.

• 2.  Re: About Data repository

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 25, 2019 03:11 PM

Hi Shanmuga,

A password is required to stop/start the DR DB.

Under normal conditions the AMQ service is never manually stopped. It's left running through dadaemon restarts.

If something is wrong and both the dadaemon and activemq are stopped, when running the dadaemon start (or activate for FT set ups) it should start the AMQ on it's own without user runs of specific AMQ restart commands.

Thanks,

Mike

• 3.  Re: About Data repository

Posted Mar 27, 2019 03:29 AM

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the information. But as I said there are 2 questions:

1. We have 4 servers for each component and reboot has been scheduled. I know services are enabled by default and during reboot all the services will get restarted. But when this happens more chances of corrupting it. so we need to consider the order to stop/restart the services for all 4 servers correct?.

To go for the orderwise then services should be disabled in linux then only our oderwise structure will take place. 

And the servers are rebooting through Autosys so I am planning to use Autosys to stop and start the services in the orderwise. while doing so we need to stop the database for the DR and by issuing the command passing the password from Autosys is something not secure correct? so looking for alternative without passing password.

2. Data Aggregator - I tried to stop both the services and start the dadaemon and it started successfully. But Activemq not started and I did it manually.

Please help me the solution for both the cases.

Thanks.

• 4.  Re: About Data repository

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 27, 2019 09:16 AM

Shanmuga,

Start/stop order?

1: If the DB is being stopped stop the DA, then stop the DB.

2: PC can be stopped/started first or last but if stopping the DA and DB as well, we'd recommend stopping it first, and starting it last.

3: DCs should be stopped as little as possible to avoid data gaps. Only stop them if necessary and restart them quickly to minimized missed polls and data gaps.

DB start/stop without password?

Stopping and starting the DB without a password is not an available option. It is required and any change to that would require an Enhancement Request to request the change to the functionality. Submit one if you like as an Idea post here in the Community forum. 

I'd recommend opening a new case with support for your Data Aggregator restart problems.

Thanks,

Mike

• 5.  Re: About Data repository

Posted Mar 27, 2019 10:02 AM

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the information. Actually when I install the CA PM automatically the services are enabled in the startup script in RHEL OS. So when the server got schedule rebooted , then the service will automatically restart not in orderwise via Autosys. If my understanding correct the services must be disabled so that through Autosys we can stop/start the services otherwise will get corrupt. correct?