Clarity

• 1.  Populating Application related data in Support projects

Posted Mar 25, 2019 09:46 AM

Hi,

When I am trying to populate data througha gel script from application to a Support Project I am being returned null as exception.

Below is the xml used in gel script. Let me know if I have to make modifications.

<gel:parse var="app_mgr">
              <NikuDataBus xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/nikuxog_user.xsd">
                <Header action="write" externalSource="NIKU" objectType="user" version="14.3.0.298"/>
      <!-- Creates the XML that is used to update the project -->
              <Projects>
                <Project name="${v_proj_name}" projectID="${v_proj_id}"  managerResourceID="${v_app_mgr}">
                  <OBSAssocs completed="false">
                    <OBSAssoc id="nov_future_obs" name="3. Future OBS" unitPath="${v_app_obs}"/>
       <!--  <OBSAssoc id="${v_dpt_obs_id}" name="${v_dpt_obs_name}" unitPath="${v_dpt_obs_path}"/>  -->
                  </OBSAssocs>
                </Project>
              </Projects>
            </NikuDataBus>
          </gel:parse>

Thank you,

Vinay

• 2.  Re: Populating Application related data in Support projects

Posted Mar 25, 2019 10:27 AM

There must be more to your GEL script than the above (which just populates a variable with some XML).

You can (should) have exception handling in a GEL script which will help you debug things ; if you think that there is something wrong with your XOG then you should try that in a xog-client (i.e. not within a GEL script) to get that correct first.