Endevor

Expand all | Collapse all

I find a need to split a 2 stage Environment in endvor into two 1 stage environments.

• 1.  I find a need to split a 2 stage Environment in endvor into two 1 stage environments.

Posted Mar 25, 2019 01:01 PM

I have a PROD environment split into 2 STAGES (ACPT, PROD), I need to be able to define more systems to the ACPT stage only, since systems definitions take place at the 'ENVIRONMENT' level this cannot be done, so I was thinking about splitting the PROD Environment into 2 separate environments. (ACPT and PROD).

The MCF, Delta libraries, Source and output libraries are already separate. It looks like the only gotcha would be that once I reconfigure the c1deflts table to make the new mapping, all the type definitions in the new ACPT environment will be invalid since the environment name changed, I would need to redefine them with batch build for the new environment  name and delete the old types (if possible). Also not sure how this would affect the 'orphaned' stage 1 definitions in the newly 1 stage PROD environment. Has any one been down this highway before me, seems I cant be the first to need to do this. Thanks

• 2.  Re: I find a need to split a 2 stage Environment in endvor into two 1 stage environments.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 25, 2019 06:13 PM

Hi Chuck,

Please take a look at this DocOps article on how to add a new Environment:

Add an Environment to an Existing Inventory Structure - CA Endevor® SCM - 18.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Do you plan to use the first stage in PROD for like Emergency Fixes or is it going to be an empty / null stage?

Do you plan to use both stages of the new ACPT Environment?

If you only plan to use 1 stage, it must be Stage 2 and in the C1DEFLTS you would specify the Stage 2 entries and specify ENTRYSTG#=2.

You are correct, you can just move the MCF file from Stage 1 of PROD to Stage 2 of ACPT in the C1DEFLTS and not create new ones. 

If you plan to use both stages, you will need to create a new MCF for Stage 1 and specify it in the C1DEFLTS. 

You can use either batch jobs or Clone the Systems, Subsystems, and Types using the ISPF panels. 

Please review the DocOps article and let me know if you have any questions.

June