Symantec IGA

• 1.  Few questions on IDM / Identity Portal

Posted Mar 25, 2019 01:53 PM

Hello

Have a few questions on IDM 14.2, specifically the Identity Portal.

I used branding to set up almost everything the way we want it, however the tabs on the access catalog and the user search are not changeable with the presets within branding, I know some custom CSS is needed, not sure if anyone has any experience with this and can help out.

I also want to set up auto approval for managers. Currently, I have custom workflows created to route to manager first, is it possible to have it auto approve if the manager is the requestor?

For help desk verification I want them to use security question answers, how can I set up their view so they can see other people's security question answers? Additionally, in the identity portal, I'm trying to set up the helpdesk module to only be visible to those that have the admin role helpdesk, but it is not displaying for them when I set that.

Lastly, in the application catalog, all the applications by default are expanded. Is it possible to have these all collapsed by default?

Thanks for the help. 

• 2.  Re: Few questions on IDM / Identity Portal
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 31, 2019 04:10 AM

Hi, 

In answer to your questions:

"I used branding to set up almost everything the way we want it, however the tabs on the access catalog and the user search are not changeable with the presets within branding, I know some custom CSS is needed, not sure if anyone has any experience with this and can help out."

- I am not entirely sure what you are referring to as tabs in the user search. I assume you mean the access tabs.

branding the Access Catalog tabs:
    add rule with the following selector:
    .access-tabs-container .access-tab
    you can use the "background-color" attribtue to change the color of the tabs, and the "color" attribute to change the text color.
    notice that when changing the color you will have to add "!important" to the value.

"I also want to set up auto approval for managers. Currently, I have custom workflows created to route to manager first, is it possible to have it auto approve if the manager is the requestor?"

- Identity Portal does not create new workflows for Identity Manager. whatever you have configured in Identity Manager should be able to continue and work as before.

"For help desk verification I want them to use security question answers, how can I set up their view so they can see other people's security question answers?"

- If you have a task that shows you the answers, you need to create it in the Identity Portal and create a form to show it. If you want it to be as view only, this requires a bit more work which cannot be stated here.

"Additionally, in the identity portal, I'm trying to set up the helpdesk module to only be visible to those that have the admin role helpdesk, but it is not displaying for them when I set that."

- We do not see an issue in our testing environment. Did you create a profile for the help desk? In the member scope you need to add a rule with a target permission so you need an admin role with a target permission. 

" in the application catalog, all the applications by default are expanded. Is it possible to have these all collapsed by default?"

- Unfortunately No, this cannot be changed.

• 3.  Re: Few questions on IDM / Identity Portal

Posted Mar 31, 2019 11:57 PM

Hi, just to reply on :-

"I also want to set up auto approval for managers. Currently, I have custom workflows created to route to manager first, is it possible to have it auto approve if the manager is the requestor?"

Yes, it is possible using the Execution Plan in Identity Portal. We refer it as no approval rather than "Auto Approve".

Using Execution Plan, u can set the condition whether it will go thru Approval or No Approval.

Note: When the Rule Expression match "Manager" then it will goto "Assign Role No Approval" task which is configured without manager approval.

When the rule expression match "self service" then "Assign Role Manager Approval" which will go thru Manager approval.

"Assign Role Manager Approval" task workflow definition will be configure from Identity Manager.