Service Virtualization

• 1.  How to virtualize a servlet service?

Posted Apr 03, 2019 08:45 PM

Hi.

I would like to virtualize a servlet service.

How can I do it?

• 2.  Re: How to virtualize a servlet service?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 04, 2019 02:00 AM

With "servlet service" are you referring to an HTML webservice? In that case if the payload is HTML form data that would be handled simply by the HTTP transport protocol.

If with "servlet service" you refer to the implementation mechanism of your service, than DevTest SV doesn't care about the implementation. We need to know the transport protocol and the payload protocol. So, if this servlet is not something very exotic I would expect the transport protocol to be HTTP. The payload protocol you will need to tell us.

Simplest way would be to do a recording and let DevTest figure it out automatically.

Cheers,

Danny

• 3.  Re: How to virtualize a servlet service?

Posted Apr 08, 2019 12:55 PM

Hi Danny

We already virtualized the service.

When it is consumed by SoapUI, it responds well.

But if I directly copy the URL and the consumption from a browser, it does not allow me to see the information.

It is required to consume as a servlet service.

Why is not it displayed in the same way as the browser?

• 4.  Re: How to virtualize a servlet service?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 08, 2019 02:15 PM

From SOAP UI printscreen it looks like this is a SOAP protocol.

SOAP requests are always POST requests, if you copy the url in your browser and hit enter it is always a GET request. I expect this to be the reason why you don't get an answer in your browser.

You need to go to the Portal, look in the inspection view of the VSE, there you will see the signature of the incoming (and non-matched) request. You can compare that signature with the one in your VSI and assess what is the difference.

Cheers,

Danny

• 5.  Re: How to virtualize a servlet service?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 09, 2019 02:08 AM

As always, your responses are great !!