CA Service Management

• 1.  change the mail format for tickets by mail

Posted Apr 05, 2019 12:13 PM

Hi Everyone

Currently, I am working with CA Service Desk version 17.1
    and we have the need to create tickets via email.

we have already configured the mail account in the mailbox, and everything works correctly.

We currently use the following format:
    For: mail account
    Subject: Ticket Type "Incident Or Request"
    mail body: Ticket variables, and information the ticket

but our client would like to place in the subject a summary of the ticket, not the ticket type. Is there any way to change that functionality?

Example:

Note: When I tried to change the subject, the ticket is not create

Regards,
    Marco Velazquez.

• 2.  Re: change the mail format for tickets by mail

Posted Apr 08, 2019 04:48 AM

Hi Marco,

This is fairly simple.

All you have to do is to create a Mailbox Rule with a Filter String that matches the text you expect in the subject line.

See:

Define a Mailbox - CA Service Management - 17.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Hope this helps?

===

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 3.  Re: change the mail format for tickets by mail
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 09, 2019 08:15 AM

Brian_Mathato, since he wants to have the summary in the subject,he cannot expect something. It will be different each time.

Marcoaldama, you can create an incident even if there is nothing that says "incident" in the subject but I'm afraid that you won't be able to use the subject as the incident summary.

If you want to try it, you have to take a look at the filters you have in place. There is probably one that looks for "incident" in the subject. You can create a new filter and add it at the last position. For the filter, I think (.*) will do the trick. Simply set action as Create and Object as incident.

And remember, if you start to have too much mailbox rules that may overide themselves, you can have several mailbox and define diffrent rules for each one of them.