DX NetOps

• 1.  PM/Spectrum sync allotted time

Posted Apr 05, 2019 10:16 AM

Hi all,

We have Spectrum integrated with PM and have recently started seeing occasional degraded health in PM due to the Spectrum data source being "busy". The log for the data source shows multiple errors stating that the data source was heavily utilized and didn't respond to the sync request within the allotted time.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so how did you resolve it? Does anyone know what the allotted time period is for syncing, and can it be changed?

Thanks,

David Marion

• 2.  Re: PM/Spectrum sync allotted time

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 08, 2019 09:40 AM

Hi David,

I would check the Spectrum tomcat logs and see why it is "busy".  It is likely that something is not functioning properly within Spectrum but unfortunately there is not a go-to specific root cause I can give as it can vary.

Depending on what you find if it is obvious, then you have your answer and if not you may want to consider opening a Spectrum case and upload the tomcat logs to said case.

Troy

• 3.  Re: PM/Spectrum sync allotted time
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 08, 2019 10:18 AM

Troy,

Thanks for the reply. We actually find out what it was the other day a little while after I had posted here. Our primary Spectrum poller had crashed at one of our centers/tenants and there was a message in catalina.out about it. Once the issue with the poller was resolved the PM/Spectrum sync restarted and health returned to normal.

This seems to be a new behavior between the two applications. We recently upgraded both Spectrum and PM and have started seeing this happen since then.

Thanks,

David Marion