Rally Software

• 1.  Unable to see testcases for certain User Stories via UI / WS API

Posted Apr 09, 2019 09:50 AM

Am unable to see any test cases tagged for few User Stories - but, there are test cases present and executed for those User Stories. There are other UserStories in the same project that am able to view and access the test cases.

This discrepancy is prevalent , when I use the V2.0 WS API - Rest - GET call on hierarchical Requirement as well.

Using API Key for authentication.

https://rally1.rallydev.com/slm/webservice/v2.0/hierarchicalrequirement?fetch=TestCaseCount,TestCases,PassingTestCaseCount&pageSize=100&start=1&query=(c_xxxxx = "abc")

"QueryResult": {
            "_rallyAPIMajor": "2",
            "_rallyAPIMinor": "0",
            "Errors": [],
            "Warnings": [],
            "TotalResultCount": 27,
            "StartIndex": 1,
            "PageSize": 20,
            "Results": [
                {
                    "_ref": "https://rally1.rallydev.com/slm/webservice/v2.0/hierarchicalrequirement/*********",
                    "_refObjectUUID": "******",
                    "_objectVersion": "xx",
                    "_refObjectName": "xxxxx",
                    "PassingTestCaseCount": 8,
                    "TestCaseCount": 8,
                    "TestCases": {
                        "_ref": "https://rally1.rallydev.com/slm/webservice/v2.0/HierarchicalRequirement/*********/TestCases",
                        "_type": "TestCase",
                        "Count": 0
                    },
                    "_type": "HierarchicalRequirement"
                }

As you can see above - TestCaseCount is 8, but the Count inside TestCases object is 0.

1) Checked my access - Have editor access for the project.

2) Cleared Cache , Cookies - didnt help

I need to access the test case object to interpret the number of test cases executed and Lastverdict attribute - but, unable to fetch the testcases object.

• 2.  Re: Unable to see testcases for certain User Stories via UI / WS API

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 09, 2019 11:09 AM

Hi.

- When you look at this user story in the Rally user interface: Do you see test cases as part of that your user story or not?  In other words, which between the '8' and the '0' is actually accurate?

- If the '8' is accurate then can you look into these test cases and see if they're all part of the same project that the user story belongs to?

Thanks,

Sagi

• 3.  Re: Unable to see testcases for certain User Stories via UI / WS API

Posted Apr 09, 2019 11:55 AM

Hi.

Thanks - replies inline.

- When you look at this user story in the Rally user interface: Do you see test cases as part of that your user story or not? In other words, which between the '8' and the '0' is actually accurate?

--- Ans: In the UI as well, am not able to see the test cases for the User Stories - 8 is accurate , but am not able to see it in UI nor in test cases object in WS API

- If the '8' is accurate then can you look into these test cases and see if they're all part of the same project that the user story belongs to?

-- Ans : yes, the test cases are tagged to user stories and tagged to the same project.

There are some user stories in the same project, where am able to see the accurate test cases in UI & API response

I have editor access to this project.

Thanks,

Annusha

Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>

• 4.  Re: Unable to see testcases for certain User Stories via UI / WS API

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 09, 2019 12:32 PM

Hi Annusha,

Thanks for your quick reply.

We may need to ask that you create a support case for this, since it may require more interaction on our part. It 'feels' to me as if the issue has to do with permissions. The most likely situation I can think of is if that user story belongs to one project where the 8 test cases belong to another project which you may not have access to.

- Do you know these specific 8 test cases? Are you able to see them in the UI independently of the user story, so if you go to Quality -> Test Cases?   If so, can you pull them up (all of them) and confirm their project is a project you actually have permissions for?

One more thing:

Do you have a teammate who can see these 8 test cases under this user story?  If so, I'd recommend you compare your permissions with them.

If none of that is helping then I'll recommend you open a support case.

Sagi

• 5.  Re: Unable to see testcases for certain User Stories via UI / WS API

Posted Apr 09, 2019 12:51 PM

Thanks Sagi - appreciate your prompt response.

Yes, I do have my peers who can see the test cases under user story and both of us have editor permissions.

This seems wierd and has been bothering. Thanks, I will try opening a support case.

Thanks

Annusha

Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>

• 6.  Re: Unable to see testcases for certain User Stories via UI / WS API

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 09, 2019 01:16 PM

Thanks Annusha.

My recommendation is that when you open the support case, please provide a few screenshots showing:

- The userstory details (where we can see the project).

- Your entire permissions to all projects.

- The permission of your colleague (who has it working) for all projects.

- A screenshot from your colleague showing at least one of these 8 test cases details where we can see the project.

Thanks again,

Sagi