Symantec IGA

• 1.  Log4j2 error and how to remove OOTB in 14.2 Identity Manager

Posted Apr 10, 2019 09:00 AM

Hi,

After upgrading Identity manager to version 14.2 i get this error :

ERROR StatusLogger Log4j2 could not find a logging implementation. Please add log4j-core to the classpath. Using SimpleLogger to log to the console...

how to fixe that please ?

I have to delete de OOTB IM Default Directory but have it in the console again after removing it.

Thanks for your help

• 2.  Re: Log4j2 error and how to remove OOTB in 14.2 Identity Manager

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 11, 2019 10:59 AM

There is not a way to suppress this message.  Please open an IDEA to have product management review this further to potentially allow this error suppression in future releases of IMAG.  Thank you.

• 3.  Re: Log4j2 error and how to remove OOTB in 14.2 Identity Manager

Posted Apr 11, 2019 11:50 AM

I have 2 questions :

Question 1- After upgrading Identity manager to version 14.2 with wildfly-8.2.1.Final.

I  get this error in the server log:

2019-04-11 00:03:28,467 ERROR [stderr] (MSC service thread 1-4) ERROR StatusLogger No log4j2 configuration file found. Using default configuration: logging only errors to the console.

how to fixe that please ?

Question 2-I installed Identity Manager version 14.2 by checking OOTB. After my stallation I erase it from my Imanager Console and even from my Oracle database, because there was a trace. After restarting either the server or the service the OOTB reappeared in my console.

Reinstalled Identity Manager and still a same issue.

Is there a way of erasing it?.

• 4.  Re: Log4j2 error and how to remove OOTB in 14.2 Identity Manager
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 17, 2019 10:56 AM

Some integrations use log4j2 while IDM uses log4j which causes this message.  It is my understanding there is no functional impact of this message as IDM simply does not use log4j2.  SE is aware and looking to rectify this in a future release but there is no ETA at this time.  Please open an IDEA as originally requested.