Rally Software

• 1.  Velocity of all the projects under the same sprint.

Posted Apr 11, 2019 03:20 AM

I am new to Rally tool. #In Velocity gadget, we are able to get velocity of the 10 sprint of single project.

Please guide me to showcase velocity of all the projects under the same sprint. We have 30 -40 projects is in pipeline.

Do we need to customize the velocity gadget or suggest suitable gadget for the above requirement?

Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Sarath

• 2.  Re: Velocity of all the projects under the same sprint.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 12, 2019 03:34 AM

Hi Venkata,

I assume you are talking about the Velocity Chart app. You could change your project scope(select parent projects/child projects) from project picker so that the chart will count for all projects.

You could select the top project, then select the child projects option, then it will include all child projects.

Please find below article about the project scope setting:

https://docs.ca.com/en-us/ca-agile-central/saas/change-project-scoping

Thanks,

Kun

• 3.  Re: Velocity of all the projects under the same sprint.

Posted Apr 12, 2019 05:08 AM

Hi Kun,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes. Velocity Chart App only.

Currently velocity chart shows for particular project with Iterations in x-axis. 

Our requirement is could able get velocity chart for a particular sprint that available in multiple project in x-axis

Please suggest

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Sarath

• 4.  Re: Velocity of all the projects under the same sprint.

Posted Apr 15, 2019 10:10 AM

Hi Sarath,

I don't think there is any app that shows you velocities of all teams on X-axis for a particular sprint.

The only thing that includes all teams' velocities is the Velocity chart app at the parent project level (but this totals all velocities together and is not broken down by teams).

You may have to work this out on excel. That's what I'm doing for my teams.

Regards,

Niveditha