AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

Recurring Task stops recurring unexpectedly

• 1.  Recurring Task stops recurring unexpectedly

Posted Apr 12, 2019 11:31 AM

We're on 12.0.5 in our production engine and 12.0.7 in our UAT engine.  In each environment we have 40 or so different active recurring tasks.  We just upgraded from v10 a week ago and we are seeing a situation where recurring tasks stop recurring.

We've been able to reproduce it and I'm just curious if others are having issues with recurring tasks and if you have any answers or solutions?  We plan to implement a monitoring system outside of the engine by querying the DB, but this 'work-around' shouldn't be needed if it were working correctly.

The reproducible case is where we are recurring a work-flow, and a task in the work-flow aborts.  After we restart the task it completes successfully and the work-flow ends OK.  At that point recurrence halts until we do a "stop/go" on the recurring task.

I queried the DB for recurring tasks in the activities and noticed the "at time" field was set to a value even though we weren't using the "at time" option of the "period" object used for the recurrence.  I then selected the "at time" option and reset the time value to 0000, and again un-selected the "at time" option and saved the period object.  After quitting and restarting the recurring task we could not reproduce the issue.  (Even after I reset the period object back to how it was and did another "quit/start", I still couldn't reproduce the issue.  So maybe it was unrelated to the "at time" settings, or maybe the simple act of selecting and un-selecting the "at time" option made a difference somehow?)

Any thoughts or ideas on this?

Thanks!