DX Unified Infrastructure Management

Expand all | Collapse all

SNMPCollector-Custom alert description for specific interfaces in a router

• 1.  SNMPCollector-Custom alert description for specific interfaces in a router

Posted Apr 15, 2019 08:01 AM

Hi All,

I want to set a custom alert description for only specific interfaces of a router, other interfaces should have a default message as in the template.

How can I exclude only few interfaces from the template?I tried to add a rule in interface filter to exclude from template as below.But it is not working.Still the template configuration is applied for these interfaces too.

Please give your suggestions on this.

Regards,

Usha

• 2.  Re: SNMPCollector-Custom alert description for specific interfaces in a router

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 15, 2019 10:50 AM

Usha -

When defining filter rules in a template, the probes' execute a logical AND of all defined filter rules.  If you wish to use a custom alarm for a subset of interfaces and a another default alarm for the rest of the interfaces, you would be better off defining a "Component User Defined Property 1"  for each of the interfaces that you want to use a custom alarm (like "customAlarm") then change the filter in your template for the interface component to

ifAdminStatus => [Condition="Equals", Value=1]
    ifOperStatus => [Condition="Equals", Value=1]
    Component User Defined Property 1 => [Condition="Not Equals", Value="customAlarm"]

You can then manually configure the small number of interfaces that you want to raise a custom alarm for, or created a second template with a filter that would allow the template to be applied to this subset of alarms with the customer alarm defined in the template.