DX NetOps

Expand all | Collapse all

How to find the latency metric for Checkpoint device and Cisco ASR device.

• 1.  How to find the latency metric for Checkpoint device and Cisco ASR device.

Posted Apr 16, 2019 02:25 AM

Hi ,

I am trying to find out the latency metric for checkpoint firewall & cisco asr routerdevices. Can someone help me to find out which metric family should select. 

Also need some inputs on below

1. In eHealth we are getting goodpolls , badpolls, Reboot metric and how to get these metric in CA PM?.

2. Same way how to find these Backplane utilization , Huge Memory Misses in CA PM?.

3. In eHealth, we have report like 'situation to watch - trend for daily baseline (6 weeks)' . how to create these type of report in CA PM?.

4. Also for Volume Leaders Chart - Yesterday in CA PM?

5. can someone explain about what is the difference in im_ , std_im_,pct_im?

6. Capacity team need to get the interface availability data on daily basis. We have SAS to do the automation and in order to do automation using openAPI method, how to get all interface availability data for yesterday since the max rows is 20000 and beyond that we are not getting. so planning to use page by page like 500 rows at a time and to do that how to get the total count so that we will loop that till it reaches the count.? Is other any other way suggesting? 

7. In eHealth , we have interface type like 'Generic LAN Interface' , 'Generic WAN Interface' . In CA PM , I see interface elements as eth , fa , 0:0 , etc . Is there way to find out element type in CA PM so that I can group them easily else need to figure it out the categories for interfaces. Is any other alternate way?

Please help me here to sort out these things.

• 2.  Re: How to find the latency metric for Checkpoint device and Cisco ASR device.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 17, 2019 06:04 PM

Shanmuga,

You might want to reach out to your account management team. They may be able to set up a call to set down and go over things to help you get set up more efficiently. Might help avoid spending a great deal of time waiting for answers from the Community for these general questions.

Many questions posted in a single request tend to get lost after the first question.

Use the certification portal to look for different metrics, metric families, etc, per vendor/device.

Data Aggregator Certification Portal 

The answers to most questions are going to be found per device via the certification portal.

This section of the documentation is a good place to start for answers to the various types of reports you need to set up. If often comes down to testing various different Views and configurations to find what works best for your needs.

Dashboards - CA Performance Management - 3.7 - CA Technologies Documentation 

This section of the documentation details the configuration changes possible for the OpenAPI queries.

Configure OpenAPI Defaults and Limits - CA Performance Management - 3.7 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Information about configuring groups is found here in the documentation.

Groups - CA Performance Management - 3.7 - CA Technologies Documentation 

When configuring Rules in Groups for Interfaces there are various options to use that should lead to your target of grouping interfaces.

Thanks,

Michael