Symantec Access Management

• 1.  Can I access the specified URL directly without going to the top page of logged-in site?

Posted Apr 17, 2019 12:02 AM

We are considering adoption as an authentication basis for new logged-in site. By the way, when using this infrastructure, can I access the specified URL directly without going to the top page of logged-in site? I currently use Site Minder for old logged-in site, but it will always be redirected to the top page when customer want to access specified URL.

• 2.  Re: Can I access the specified URL directly without going to the top page of logged-in site?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 25, 2019 03:25 PM

Hi  Toshinaru,

We will probably need more details to understand the use case.

By top page do you mean the requested resource/ the login page ?

Are you saying that when you try to access the protected resource and after providing correct credentials, it loops back to the login page ? 

If my understanding of the issue is correct and this transaction uses advanced auth and siteminder integration then please set FCCCompatMode in the ACO to YES. This is the webagent where the SHIM FCC files are deployed. 

If you are using smpwservices(siteminder password policies) in this transaction, then in every adaptershim.ini file on policy server machine, set PasswdSvcUserAtt to a user directory attribute that is read/writeable and then restart all policy servers. 

Thanks

Awijit

• 3.  Re: Can I access the specified URL directly without going to the top page of logged-in site?

Posted Apr 25, 2019 09:02 PM

Hi Awijit

Thanks for your advice.

My Page has a menu page where links of various function pages are collected as the top page. Usually, when you access My Page, you will go to this top page after login. This is normal behavior.
    As a page to transition from the menu page, there are change of customer information (registered address, registered telephone number), contract detail page, inquiry screen, and so on.

What I want to do this time is to send a confirmation email of registration information to my page users, but when accessed from the URL described in the email, transition to the customer information page directly after login.
    Current my page, it is redirect to the top page after login.

• 4.  Re: Can I access the specified URL directly without going to the top page of logged-in site?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 26, 2019 06:13 PM

Hi Toshinaru,

I think you should open a support case for this to showcase the scenario. 

Thanks

Awijit