Test Data Manager

• 1.  Exception while connecting to TDM Portal from ARD

Posted Apr 16, 2019 02:48 PM

Hi,

When I try to connect the TDM server from ARD, am getting the below exception. I faced the same issue earlier but then I got it fixed by restarting the TDM Portal server service. But is it something expected? Why do we need to restart the service every now and then.

Could not log into the specified TDoD service with the specified user name and password.TDoD service reported the following error:

Fault code 1: Connection refused

Thanks

Sethu

• 2.  Re: Exception while connecting to TDM Portal from ARD

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 17, 2019 04:08 AM

Hi,

The ARD connection to TDM is via the CA TDoD Service, you normally get this error if the service is not running. Can you check that the service called "CA TDoD Service" on the portal server is running. If the service wont start you can review the log file for the service in this location  - C:\Grid-Tools\TDoD\TDoD_Service\logs\tdod.log

Regards

Keith

• 3.  Re: Exception while connecting to TDM Portal from ARD

Posted Apr 17, 2019 02:02 PM

Thank you Keith, this helped. But this issue happened recently and we recycled the service. Not sure why is this happening again?

• 4.  Re: Exception while connecting to TDM Portal from ARD
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 17, 2019 04:14 PM

Hi,

Can you check the logs for the windows service for any errors that were reported around the time of the issue.

regards

keith