DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  set permissions for only one folder or tags

Posted Apr 17, 2019 07:55 AM

Hello, 

I would like to restrict access to the server in UMP so that the SAP team can only see their server and set the maintenance mode on them.

I have an AD group which allows their user to access UMP with the privileg to use USM and Edit Maintenance Mode. But they still see all groups and all server. I can't figure out how restrict access that they only see the SAP server. Doesn't matter how. But would be great if i can say that a specifiy word like "SAP" is in the tags. Also if I could give permissions for only a Folder would be great. 

Thanks

Best Noah

• 2.  Re: set permissions for only one folder or tags

• 3.  Re: set permissions for only one folder or tags

Posted Apr 17, 2019 11:32 AM

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

So I've read the second Link you've sent and I don't understand everything. In the first step the Ownership (origin) shows up which at the moment it doesn't in our enviroment. and we would like to do that with AD users and not local ones.

In our enviroment the origin is always the same because we have only one hub is it still possible?

Best regards

Noah

• 4.  Re: set permissions for only one folder or tags

Posted Apr 17, 2019 11:41 AM

If there are robots specific to only the SAP team then yes.

IM console > robot > controller > configure > setup > advanced > origin.

This will change the origin used for all qos & alarm messages from this robot to the value set.

• 5.  Re: set permissions for only one folder or tags

Posted Apr 17, 2019 11:56 AM

Oky great thank you very much. 

So I guess we have some work to do and specify the origin and then we can group that. 

• 6.  Re: set permissions for only one folder or tags

Posted Apr 17, 2019 12:05 PM

• 7.  Re: set permissions for only one folder or tags

Posted Apr 26, 2019 10:39 AM

Hi David,

So I also looked around in UMP if there is a way only with UMP.

I found out, that I can create an Account and link an ACL with LDAP to it so that I can add Groups to those Accounts. That works quite fine except that if they search for other server they will still appear. So I restricted it to only the Origin I've set for one server and now it's working. I've only set changed the origin in the controller and didn't do any of the other steps of the KB. What kind of consequences will that have? I just lose the past Qos data? 

Now I'm looking for a solution to change the origin of the sap servers with only a few clicks without editing all 100 sap servers. I didn't find anything in the cfx file of the controller. Is there another fast way to change that?

Best

Noah

• 8.  Re: set permissions for only one folder or tags

Posted Apr 28, 2019 03:14 AM

Origin is set in the spooler.cfg file.

If you create a custum package in your archive with:

---

<spooler>
       origin = sap
    </spooler>

----

You can drop this package to all your sap servers to modify this setting.