Rally Software

• 1.  Get all PortfolioItem/Feature's under a project

Posted Apr 16, 2019 04:41 PM

I'm trying to build a query that will get all the PortfolioItem/Features under a project.  This will cascade into the HierarchicalRequirement/User Stories, and their tasks.  However there doesn't seem to be a suitable query in the API

• 2.  Re: Get all PortfolioItem/Feature's under a project

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 16, 2019 05:14 PM

Hi Stephen,

Filter such as: (Project.ObjectID = your-project-oid)  should get you all Features in that project.

For example:

https://rally1.rallydev.com/slm/webservice/v2.0/portfolioitem/feature?workspace=https://rally1.rallydev.com/slm/webservice/v2.0/workspace/your-workspace-oid&query=(Project.ObjectID = your-project-oid)&fetch=true&start=1&pagesize=20 

Is this helping?

Thanks,

Sagi

• 3.  Re: Get all PortfolioItem/Feature's under a project

Posted Apr 17, 2019 10:29 AM

Thank you for the swift reply. However, when I use that query with the corresponding OIDs this is what I get.  Note, I've checked (numerous times) for any odd characters in the set, verified that all characters are ASCII, etc, there is no backslash in my query.

{
    "QueryResult": {
    "_rallyAPIMajor": "2",
    "_rallyAPIMinor": "0",
    "Errors": [
    "Could not parse: Unknown operator \")\""
    ],
    "Warnings": [],
    "TotalResultCount": 0,
    "StartIndex": 0,
    "PageSize": 0,
    "Results": []
    }
    }

Are spaces required around the '=' in the query, maybe?

• 4.  Re: Get all PortfolioItem/Feature's under a project

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 17, 2019 03:20 PM

Hi Stephen,

Yes, a space is required around the '='. So (Project.ObjectID = your-project-oid) should be okay, but (Project.ObjectID=your-project-oid) will not be okay.

With regard to the exception you're reporting, can you share the full URL of your query?

Thanks,

Sagi