DX NetOps

• 1.  Dashboards - graph with filter by device component name

Posted Apr 18, 2019 05:21 AM

Hi,

There is any way to create different grafics from the same "metric" & device using filter by device component name ?

For example, from the graph below we want to separate in 2 graphics, one for components with the names that contains "Hot" and another for the components with the names contains "Inlet":

This is from the same device and only one metric so I think we can't use the filters on monitoring profiles.

BR,

Pedro Lourenço 

• 2.  Re: Dashboards - graph with filter by device component name

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 18, 2019 11:49 AM

Hi Pedro,

I don't see a way to do that with the current View configurations available.

One option might be setting up groups with those items that meet the criteria. Then set up two Views, one for each group.

The limitation here is these types of items are synced to PC out of the box to allow grouping but it can be accomplished following these instructions.

How to synchronize unsynchronized Component elemen - CA Knowledge 

Might want to explore the CABI integration. It might be able to do this as it does have reporting customization options beyond what PM provides out of the box.

Thanks,

Mike

• 3.  Re: Dashboards - graph with filter by device component name
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 22, 2019 04:24 AM

Hi,

Thanks.

I think with that option, will not work, because of on Device - Context Tab we can't select "By group".

I already have CABI integrated, but did not start exploring yet, looks more difficult to start but maybe that is the only way to have that type of custom graphs.

BR,

Pedro Lourenço