Clarity

• 1.  Is it possible to link to an admin page from a portlet?

Posted Apr 18, 2019 01:19 PM

I've created a portlet that identifies new users who do not belong to a particular group. I'd like to link to the Admin - Resource - Groups page. Is that possible? If so, how do I set up the link?

• 2.  Re: Is it possible to link to an admin page from a portlet?

Posted Apr 18, 2019 01:58 PM

The link is

https : / /<server name>/niku/nu#action:nmc.userGroupsAssociation&id=<user id>

Where you would like to have the link?

Will the user accessing the page through the link have the rights to view it?

• 3.  Re: Is it possible to link to an admin page from a portlet?

Posted Apr 18, 2019 02:20 PM

The portlet returns a list of users (full_name & unique_name), I'd like either of those to be a link that goes to the group page for the user in question. When I set up the Linking in the query used for the portlet, I'm not sure what to select in the Action drop down. I believe what is selectable in that drop down comes from links set up in custom objects, but since the group tab of the Admin Resource is not a custom object - I'm not sure where to set it up.

• 4.  Re: Is it possible to link to an admin page from a portlet?
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 18, 2019 04:12 PM

If you have it in a query based portlet the quick and dirty way is to set up the URL as Concat of the static part of the URL and the user ID from your query.

Does not look that fancy, but works.

Does the user who would click the link have the rights to see what it would display?

• 5.  Re: Is it possible to link to an admin page from a portlet?

Posted Apr 18, 2019 03:34 PM

...and yes - this portlet will only be available to system admins.