Symantec IGA

• 1.  Delegation In identity Portal for IM Workflows

Posted Apr 18, 2019 02:27 PM

We are using  vApp 14.1.  End users raise access request via Identity Portal (IP) User Interface which uses Identity Manager( IM ) admin Tasks.

End User who has only access to IP screen wants to delegate his tasks before going on vacations.

I have tried :

1) In IM Management Console I have enabled %Delegators% via  Home Environments identityEnv Advanced Settings Work Item Delegation > enable Check Box> Save > Restart Env

2) In IP Admin Console :  Home> Setup> General Configuration> Delegation > Enabled > Save

But still I can not see any option/Link where end user can click in IP user interface and delegate his Pending tasks to other person.

Please share your views if any one has ever worked on this or any documentation would also be helpful.

• 2.  Re: Delegation In identity Portal for IM Workflows

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 24, 2019 10:28 AM

It maybe best to get a support ticket opened.

IF no new link is showing, please try to restart IP first to pick up any changes.

Bill Patton

• 3.  Re: Delegation In identity Portal for IM Workflows
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 24, 2019 02:57 PM

Hi rajain59,

I'm using the vApp 14.2 and when the user that wants to delegate your work item for a subordinate, all the pending  or new approvals goes to this user that was delegated.

After doing these two steps on Management Console and on the Admin UI a delegation option will be available on the settings screen of the user. You need to click on the photo in the user console of the IP and click on button "Settings", after that you will need to scroll down your screen and find the Delegations option. You need to fill the user that you want to delegate and also define the start and end date.

I hope this help you!